Views
Helpful
Replies

Get "Called number" on variable IPCC

oscar cordero
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My company wants that I process the call in diferent ways depending of the "called number" is mean depending if the call comes from Spain or From England.

on the IPCC there is some way that the "called number" can i get it into a variable?.

Normally my call flow is that the Call Manager get the call, then  with translation patterns I forward to a Route Point (triger IPCC) IPCC.

Kind Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Oh, so you've got two E.164 numbers mapped to the same DN?

You are looking for the Original called number, then. But not sure whether your provider would actually transmit this information.

I've seen many cases when the original 800 number was dialled but never arrived at the VGW.

If you are using UCCX, then try the Get Call Contact Info step.

G.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi, this is a bit confusing. You use the term "called number" but you want to distinguish calls that come from Spain or from England (which implies the place the call is coming from ie the calling number).

Both can be assigned to a variable.

G.

hello,

Yes you right I need the "calling number"

Example: My DDI on my Primary is 93000001 the remote call number is +3361025487.

If some one that is in France call me to 93000001.

how can i get the number +3361025487 into a variable in the scrip?. (I know how variables works, I just need the method or function to use)

Which function I need to use in the IPCC?.

I need to config something special in the CUCM, for forward the calling number to the IPCC?.

For me, but probably im wrong:

calling-> people that make the call

called -> people that receive the call

Oh, so you've got two E.164 numbers mapped to the same DN?

You are looking for the Original called number, then. But not sure whether your provider would actually transmit this information.

I've seen many cases when the original 800 number was dialled but never arrived at the VGW.

If you are using UCCX, then try the Get Call Contact Info step.

G.

Sorry my explication, I just have one calling and one called.

thanks you. that is I need it. the name of the function. Get Call Contact. Please confirme that this function can get called and calling numbers without change nothing on the callmanager.

Hi,

most likely, yes, but again, not all providers may supply this information.

G.

The most important thing to do is to go onto the voice gateway and run your debugs and see. For a normal ISDN trunk, "debug isdn q931" will show you what is really coming from the carrier.

Regards,

Geoff

oscar cordero
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks a lot Gergely.

IS working perfectly .

Hi, glad to hear that

G.