Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Get variable from agent entering on call and write a external database

Hi all,

When a call come to CTI OS agent desktop. Agent can edit some field on the CTI OS desktop. For example, the var1 and var2.

After call, are there any way to capture these variable var1 and var2 and write it to a external database.

I think about CVP application, but how can I call the CVP application when agent in talking or after call end.

Regards,

Thanh

3 Replies 3

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Why? They are in the TCDs. Are you wanting to mine this information out of band? That's viable.

What are you wanting to do?

Regards,

Geoff

Let i tell you this way:

I have a another customer on another instance of IPCC hosted edition.

They have there own database store 1000 records customer information. A record contains Name, Address, Email.

One time, a call come to the system, CVP will check for customer information and sends those to pop up on CTI OS desktop.

For 1000 records in database, they can popup to the desktop. But about the 1001st records, this customer is new for the system. Agent see that there are no CTI popup information so this is the new customer. She will ask for caller about name, email and address. And she will type via CTI OS desktop, and it will be recorded to TCD as you said. But are there any way to write directly to customer database?

This would have to be done at the client, and I don't think you would want the CTIOS Soft Phone opening a transient connection to the DB, doing an insert, then closing the connection. Although the coding is not difficult - in say VB.NET.

You could have an out-of-band SQL job that trolled the TCD after hours to find new candidates for insert to the customer DB. This is somewhat non-trivial, and you need to think about it carefully.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: