<TYPE>retail</TYPE>

<LOC>Smallville</LOC>

<ZIP>12345</ZIP>

</SITE>

I have defined variables:

strType String

strLOC String

strZIP String

I have no issues with getting this data with the Get XML Data Docuemnt Step, my question is with efficiency. The current way that I familiar with getting the data, requires 3 Get XML Data steps, is there away to gather the data from the docuemnt and popluate the variables in a single Get XML Data step or another method?

I am running UCCX 8.5.1 SU4 with Premium license.

Thanks

Danny

3 Replies 3

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

actually, there is, with Java: you can write a code block in a Set node that would render the XML document and issue 3 XPath queries, returning an array or a collection, but I am afraid the boilerplate code necessary would be too large for this simple task.

I would still recommend to insert one Cache Document step so no HTTP request is issued when using the Get XML Document Data step (remember, the Create URL Document step does not do an HTTP request).

G.

Thanks Gergely,

I am aware of JAVA, just cumbersome as you stated. I will look into the Cache Document step. I have not used it in the past will have to learn the nuance of this.

Thanks

Danny

M_skovborg
Level 1
Level 1

Pehaps you can use this:

I a "Get XML Document Document" assign the value you need like this "/descendant::SITE" + "/child::TYPE"

Br,

Morten

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: