Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting skill group name

AntonVoylenko
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I was wondering if it possible to get the skill group name for which the call arrieved to the Finesse desktop.

I am using Cisco Finesse v10.6(1).

BR,

Anton

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tephipps
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We don't pass the SG name through the Finesse API to the desktop.  We are looking to add this feature after our 11.0 release.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

tephipps
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We don't pass the SG name through the Finesse API to the desktop.  We are looking to add this feature after our 11.0 release.

Hi,

We are moving a UCCE solution from CTIOS to Finesse and need to easily show call data such as calltype and skillgroup on the finesse window when the call arrives at the agent. I cant see a way of doing this but your reply to this thread indicated that at least some of the call data from UCCE would be passed to the finesse in version 11. has that happened yet? either way can you direct me to a method to display the data for the current call such as the skillgroup its been routed to?

Hi,

Unfortunately the skill group and calltype on the finesse window was not added in Finesse 11 and I do not see it for 11.5. Finesse does have the ability to show Call Variables and ECC variables when the call arrives. So if you add these values in your call flow script, you can display it on the Finesse call control gadget.

Thanx,

Denise

that is a shame. for call type adding to the call variables in the scripts is a work around although requires modification to over 200 scripts but for skill group this is not possible as the actual skillgroup is selected based on agent availability in the queue to skill group node and there is no opportunity to store this in to a call peripheral variable within the node. its a shame that adding the cross system flexibility in Finesse was achieved by ditching direct access to ucce variables that existed in earlier templates such as CTIOS. I guess I will need to get people trained in gadget programming. anyone know of any courses available at short notice? or anyone willing to take my developers through the basics for a fee?

Hi Tim,

Gadget programming is pretty much JavaScript and HTML. If they know the basics of those languages, they are probably ok to go. You can find a lot of free JavaScript and HTML courses online.

There is a learning sample gadget that takes you step by step on building a gadget using the user and dialog object: finesse-sample-code/LearningSampleGadget at master · CiscoDevNet/finesse-sample-code · GitHub

That might be helpful.

Thanx,

Denise

kevmoore
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In the call flow script, set the SG name as a Peripheral or ECC variable and add to the Finesse Layout.

Hope this helps.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

This workaround works only for one SG, but if I query a call to two or more queries?

BR,

Anton

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: