cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting UCCX server information where application is running for logging purposes

Bill Brown
Level 1
Level 1

I'm needing to log the UCCX server a call is active on in our logs.  Anyone know how to get the servername or IP address where the script is currently running from the script.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bill Brown
Level 1
Level 1

Looks like I can use a SET command with the value of java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost().getHostName() and get the host name of the server.  Thank you again for trying to assist me.  I should have just did a little more searching.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Nathan Gageby
Level 4
Level 4

I would think any script would almost always be running on the publisher for CCX. Do you have more details about this need?  Have you attempted to pull a variable like path or something along those lines and save it as an enterprise variable in the script? 

jim-j
Level 3
Level 3

You're aware that a call is only active on a UCCX server while it's queued?  Once a call is delivered to an agent UCCX is out of the picture.

Bill Brown
Level 1
Level 1

@Nathan Gageby You can run scripts from both, the primary and the secondary.  This is especially helpful when trigger auto calls out by HTTP triggers.  I've just hard coded my primaries dns name into our application logs.  Been nice to have been able to have gotten the server, likely a Java command to do so.

@jim-j Actually no, you can create triggers that your agents can use to send a call back into a script and it keep it's identity.  Use the enterprise variables to store data when going between the two.  Been doing it for years.  I was just trying to get the server for logging purposes, nothing else.

Thank you both for offering your solutions.  When this becomes more important to me I will dive into the Java websites to find some code to put into a SET command to get either the IP or DNS name of the server.

Bill Brown
Level 1
Level 1

Looks like I can use a SET command with the value of java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost().getHostName() and get the host name of the server.  Thank you again for trying to assist me.  I should have just did a little more searching.

@Bill Brown wrote:

Thanks for sharing your solution, I was curious how you could get this info.  I always forget that you can access plain Java functions which opens up a lot of possibilities.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: