Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Glyphicons and Awesome-Font

Hey.

Have anyone tried to use glyphicons or awesome font in a gadget ?

I cannot get any icons to show up in my gadgets

Best regads

Thomas

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I just got it to work!

I had to add a style element in the gadget xml so uccx proxies it correct and the font files in the same directory

<style>
   @font-face {

font-family: 'Glyphicons Halflings';

src: url('glyphicons-halflings-regular.eot');
   src: url('glyphicons-halflings-regular.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'), url('glyphicons-halflings-regular.woff') format('woff'), url('glyphicons-halflings-regular.ttf') format('truetype'), url('glyphicons-halflings-regular.svg#glyphicons_halflingsregular') format('svg');
   }

</style>

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Thomas,

The Finesse desktop uses the glyphicons from bootstrap: http://getbootstrap.com/components/. As far as other awesome fonts, I haven't tried it.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise.

No - the icons doesn't show up. It seem like Finesse is not downloading the woff og eot file with the glyphicons

Thx.

Thomas

Thanks, Thomas G. J.

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Thomas,

Interesting. I know that it is used on the Finesse container, but I too can't get it to work in a third party gadget. I would have to debug further to see why.

Thanx,

Denise

I have the same issue, it tries to download the font files from the uccx server /fonts/ path

Hi,

Sorry Thomas. I know I said I would debug this and it totally slipped my mind.

The Finesse container already loads a bootstrap version for the desktop. It seems like there is some sort of conflict with loading it for the gadget as well. I didn't look too much into it, but noticed using the browser's developer tools that it wasn't being loaded no matter what I did with the xml.

I was able to "hack" a solution together by copying the glyphicons css from the bootstrap's css as well as manually copy over the glyphicons file. Attached are my gadget files. I know this isn't the best solution, but it would allow you to use the glyphicons.

Glyph.png

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

We host our gadgets on an external server (as it needs to integrate with other systems),

it looks like bootstrap is then not available in the gadget and needs to be included in the gadget,

that is not a problem but the Glyphicons won't work, not with the 'hack' either

the font-face paths are relative to the css, but they are always fetched from the uccx server :-(

I just got it to work!

I had to add a style element in the gadget xml so uccx proxies it correct and the font files in the same directory

<style>
   @font-face {

font-family: 'Glyphicons Halflings';

src: url('glyphicons-halflings-regular.eot');
   src: url('glyphicons-halflings-regular.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'), url('glyphicons-halflings-regular.woff') format('woff'), url('glyphicons-halflings-regular.ttf') format('truetype'), url('glyphicons-halflings-regular.svg#glyphicons_halflingsregular') format('svg');
   }

</style>

s.monteiro solutions works for me...

Thanks for helping Denise.

Thanks, Thomas G. J.

balo128908
Level 1
Level 1

You can download fonts from the App Store app , then use them in documents you create on iPhone. After you download an app containing fonts from the App Store, open the app to install the fonts. To manage installed fonts, go to Settings > General, then tap Fonts. dafonts review

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: