cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HDS Replication Issue

john.miccio
Level 1
Level 1

I am working on a UCCE 7.2.5 environment with a Central Controller that is split into two sites. These are Roggers and there is a Distributor AW/HDS located at each site. I am not getting any Half Hour Call Type data on one of the HDS servers and the replication window on the Rogger is stating the following: The Historical records may have been deleted in teh Server database. Anyone have any ideas?

21 Replies 21

I would start with making sure that the central controllers are talking to each other. That was one of the issue that we ran into was the Roggers were unable to communicate with each other. There was also an issue where the HDS was having problems communicating with the Roggers. That would be the best place to start.

Hi John,

just to clarify the message you were receiving. Most likely you had a different retention period set between the loggers and the HDS as it should.

The HDS was polling for data that the logger was no more holding as they have been purged.

Happy it is all back fine now.

Regards,

Riccardo

I am seeing the exact message same message  "The Historical records may have been deleted in the Server database" in  an ICM 6 -> 7 upgrade.  I tried the "truncate  table Recovery" with the processes stopped as described in the post but still see the issue.  What was the actual fix for this issue? It's a little unlcear after reading through all the posts whether is was the truncate command or the /all switch in the IMGARGS that fixed the problem.

Carlos

Carlos,

We had an issue where the HDS lost communication to the Logger it was configured to talk to for an extended period of time and when it came back online, the HDS was polling for data that the Logger no longer had.  Our Loggers were set to retain 14 days worth of data while the HDS was set to retain 365 days.  I believe once the HDS had completed pulling down all of the availablle data the error message went away.  I don't believe any of the fixes we tried actually resolved the issue.  Hope this helps.  Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you.

John

I see. That sounds like the right explanation.

Regards,

Geoff

John,

I know this is an old thread but I figured it will still be useful for others who run into the issue.  I think some of the things you did helped because I tried Geoff's recommendation again and this time it worked.  Maybe I forgot to stop the services the first time through (it was late).  After examining the live system and the new system it makes sense.  In the live system the "Recovery" tables on the HDS and the Rogger had matching recovery keys. In the new system the recovery keys did not match which is why the RGR was showing "The Historical records may have been deleted in the Server database".  This indicates that the Distributor can't find a matching recovery key on the RGR to start the replication process.

So Geoff's fix shown below worked for me:

1. On AW/HDS2, stop the Distributor

2. From SQL Query Analyzer, issue "truncate  table Recovery" against the xx_hds database

3. Start the Distributor

4. Watch the trace of the Replication process on the loggerB. You will see the requests come over. On the Distributor in the Replication trace you will see trace about OPERATIONS (inserts etc).

Here is a screenshot of the RGR replication process as the Distributor services are started after truncating the "Recovery" table on the Distributor

Carlos

That's great to hear that your issue is resolved Carlos.  Thanks for posting your experience...I went back and updated my own personal notes regarding this issue and hopefully it will help someone else out as well.  Credit to Geoff for supplying the proper fix.  Nice job as always Geoff!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: