cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with script build - Prompt/MoTD collection

carpiord19
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys.. I'd really apprecaite some help with this one.  With the winter storms being abnormally high in the Northeast.  The business would like to be in charge of recording prompts for company closures (for inbounc customer calls - this script can possibly double for holidays if possible).  My scripting knowledge is in it's infancy and this sounds heavy.  Any help any can provide would be great!.. The ticket below started as holiday but morphed into business closure do to inclement weather.

5 Replies 5

vinodkewate
Level 1
Level 1

I dont have much experience with IP-IVR but in case of CVP i would do something like

1. I will have the IVR script which will record the customer message using standard record element in IPIVR/CVP.

2. In same script i will have the flow which will ask customer if they want to activate this message as holiday, closed or emergency and it should solve your problem.

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's many ways to accomplish this.

Here's a post I made recently on the topic of overriding business hours within a script.  Use it as a guide and build from there.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/4147363#4147363

If there's something specific you need help with, post back.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Hi Anthony,

I keep coming to threads that you have posted the following link:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/4147363#4147363

With yet another upgrade to the forums - I think Cisco busted the link as it is not working.  I found your profile and tried to step thru ALL of your posts in 2014 - but gave up after 20 minutes of trying to find that post that discusses emergency call center closure script using an XML file.  

Can you by chance post the correct "new" URL to the old post?  

Thanks!

Amir

Ahmed Adeyemi
Level 4
Level 4

A concept you can use with this is create another script that will be used to change the MOTD; your main script will essentially check the XML state before deciding maybe to play the message depending on the status of the XML. Essentially, the script will check the state of the call center using XML file. So for example, if the MOTD is set to ON, then it will play a message and then proceed with the expected flow, if the MOTD is set to off, then it will follow your normal flow. 

Let me know if you need additional help with this and I can quickly assist you in creating something.

Hi, could you please help me by provide step by step guide how to check xml status and accordingly MOTD will play. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: