Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with Skill Based routing

kroleigh1
Level 1
Level 1

Jun 7, 2005, 8:28am PST

I am attempting to create a call queue with skill based routing. Originally this was setup as two queues (English and Spanish). The issue came when one queue became overly busy while the second remained idle.

I would like to assign skills to each of the agents and specify their ability to speak each language. I would then like to create two queues and assign agents to each queue based on that ability.

I would then like to create a script that accepted a parameter that specifies which queue it is working with and present calls to an agent accordingly.

What I don’t know is if an agent can be assigned to two queues and resource pooling takes care of the dirty work.

Thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes you can accomplish that using the following steps:

1. create the skills,

2. assign the skills to resources (agents) with defined competency levels from 1 to 10.

3. Create CSQs, Spanish and English, make sure you select "resource skills" as the resource pool selection

4. assign the skills with required compatency level, again 1-10, set the Resource selection criteria to "Most skilled"

5. In your script queue based on corresponding CSQ

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: