cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hide/Minimize the EIM Gadget

dchumbley
Level 1
Level 1

I have the EIM gadget embedded in my Finesse 10.5.1 desktop.  Some of the users within that Agent Team don't login to take emails though and the layout is only configurable by agent team.  Is there a way to be able to Click on the gadget header to hide the login screen?  Similar to when you click on the Make a Call gadget and the phone book and dial pad appear. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

golmsted
Level 4
Level 4

Some customization could be done to the Gadget to shrink it somewhat, but there are a couple of limitations that make what you want to do impossible:

1) Gadgets don't get any sort of event when the title is clicked. So you'd have no way to trigger that operation.

2) Gadgets control their own height, but currently they can't resize themselves to completely eliminate the entire space.

If I were implementing this I'd do a customization like the following:

1) Add some sort of overlayed affordance to the UI of the Gadget to shrink it (button, link, etc)

2) Upon clicking it, shrink as much as possible. Maybe hide the iFrame hosting CIM and replace the link with a new "Show CIM" one.

That would be the best you can do.

g.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ewindgat
Level 5
Level 5

You would need to modify the EIM gadget, by having access to the source JavaScript and XML (HTML) file.

Yep, but if I have the source JavaScript and XML files what exactly do I need to modify?  I've created some other gadgets too from the samples but can't figure out how to make them behave like the Make a Call gadget.

Hi, 

I have started development of Gadgets. Looking for the solution to collapse and expand the gadget by clicking on the title of the gadget. Did you find any solution to address this requirement? If so can you please explain how you achieved. 

golmsted
Level 4
Level 4

Some customization could be done to the Gadget to shrink it somewhat, but there are a couple of limitations that make what you want to do impossible:

1) Gadgets don't get any sort of event when the title is clicked. So you'd have no way to trigger that operation.

2) Gadgets control their own height, but currently they can't resize themselves to completely eliminate the entire space.

If I were implementing this I'd do a customization like the following:

1) Add some sort of overlayed affordance to the UI of the Gadget to shrink it (button, link, etc)

2) Upon clicking it, shrink as much as possible. Maybe hide the iFrame hosting CIM and replace the link with a new "Show CIM" one.

That would be the best you can do.

g.