cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Historical Reporting Error

d.kettler
Level 1
Level 1

When my customer tries to run the historical reports from the IPCC server, which is the coresident version, he gets the following error:

"You are using JRE 1.4.0_01. Please exit, uninstall, and install 1.3.1.

This appears to be a Java version mismatch but I am worried that downgrading the Java might cause CCM errors.

ANy suggestions?

Thanks

Dave

9 Replies 9

venkasub
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Is it historical report or Real time report?

There is known issue when you run real time reporting in co-located environment.

Co-locating Real-time Reporting and CallManager on a server and running them at the same time causes JRE incompatibility

Symptom : The user is notified of JRE incompatibility after opening a Real-time Reporting applet while CallManager is running.

Possible Cause : Currently, RTR must use JRE 1.3.1 while CallManager must use JRE 1.4.0, and the default JRE is 1.4.0.

Recommended Action : Real-time Reporting should not run on a co-located server with CallManager.

Try accessing the Real-time reporting from a desktop PC which has JRE 1.3.1.

Regards

Venkat

Can I download JRE 1.3.1 from Cisco or do I need to find it on the java homepage or some other web site?

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave,

If you open Real-time reporting in desktop PC without JRE 1.3.1, it automatically install JRE 1.3.1.

Try and let me know the result.

Regards

Venkat

Does anyone know when historical reporting will be supported with Java release 1.4x?

Ok. I'm having the same problem. I install OS Version 2000.2.6 on an standalone CRS 3.1 installation and RTR is failing with the same Java version error. Is asking about the JRE 1.3.1 version. Can I uninstall JRE 1.4.x and re-install JRE 1.3.1 version?

I also open RTR from my laptop and is saying the same error and I remember that RTR was working from my laptop before.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advanced,

-Jose

Jose,

The safest thing to do is probably to uninstall JRE on the laptop and then install JRE 1.3.1. Then, try running RTR. Note that if you are outside a NAT'd connection it won't work because it will be looking for the internal IP. It is not a good idea to mess with the version on the server unless you check with Cisco TAC or unless someone with Cisco like Yogi or Venkat on this forum endorse the action.

Good luck,

Jim

Jim,

I understand but I didn't change anything on my laptop. It was working fine from my laptop before. Now after putting 2000.2.6 is not working even from my laptop.

I check the JRE version on my laptop and I have JRE 1.3.1 and also JRE 1.4.1_02 but again it was working before from my laptop.

Thanks for your quick response,

-Jose

Jose,

THis is a different subject. I noticed some time ago last March, you posted a scenario about CallManger Express. PSTN dialer calls in via FXO and establishes a call with an IPPhone user. The PSTN caller initiates the hangup and the call is still active from the IPPhone for about 30 seconds. Did you get this to work via any disconnect supervision scenario. Please let me know what you did? My install is killing me. Thanks AGAIN.

Hi.

I used the following commands under the FXO voice port:

supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call

timeouts call-disconnect 2

timeouts wait-release 2

And also call the Telco company in order for them to enable CO Disconnection Detection.

Hope this helps.

-Jose

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: