cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hold Tim calculation in Agent & Agent Skill Group Reports

sarbarnes
Level 4
Level 4

Please can someone confirm if I have this correct AHT is = to HandledCallsTime/CallsHandled   HandledCallsTime = HandledCallTalkTime + HoldTime + Wrap.

If this is correct can someone confirm what constitues HoldTime - is InCallsOnHoldTime part of the overall hold time?

I have created and AVG Hold time  HoldTime/CallsHandled, AVG Talk Time HandledCallsTalkTime/CallsHandled & AVG Wrap WrapTime/CallsHandled and all of those added together = AHT

If I run the report and look at AHoldT that is showing a calculation of InCallsOnHoldTime/InCallsOnHold

My query is this, I take a call, I speak to the customer for 60 secs, put them on hold whilst I make an outgoing call 30 secs, then come back to them and speak to them for a further 30secs and do 10 secs of Wrap...

Where does my Hold time with regards to me making a call sit..

As when I run this report I get the following output attached.

Arcadia wants to ensure that the Hold time that is happening whilst I am making another call is counted within the AHT... AS far as I can see it isn't!

5 Replies 5

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

your document is queued for virus scanning, but in the meantime, can you please tell us more about that report. Is it UCCE or UCCX? Webview or CUIC? What version? Standard or custom report? Can you also post the SQL query behind it?

G.

Sorry, I thought I had Tagged it as CUIC Enterprise 8.5.4

The SQL for AHoldT  & AHT is the Standard Cisco SQL, I have not changed this.

AHT = ISNULL(AgentSkillGroup.HandledCallsTime / AgentSkillGroup.CallsHandled, 0),

AHoldT = ISNULL(AgentSkillGroup.InCallsOnHoldTime / AgentSkillGroup.InCallsOnHold, 0),

The only SQL I have created is

AvgHoldAHT =ISNULL(AgentSkillGroup.HoldTime / AgentSkillGroup.CallsHandled, 0),

AvgTalkAHT =ISNULL(AgentSkillGroup.HandledCallsTalkTime / AgentSkillGroup.CallsHandled, 0),

AvgWrapAHT =ISNULL(AgentSkillGroup.WrapTime / AgentSkillGroup.CallsHandled, 0),

I want to determine what constitues hold time? and whether InCallsOnHoldTime is part of the HoldTime Query!

Hope that helps

Hi,

no, you did not. Just 'reporting' and 'cuic'.

Er... it's not really the SQL query, but anyway, I if I substitute AgentSkillGroup for Agent_Skill_Group_Interval, then the explanation for the HoldTime is this - kind of fuzzy, though:

>>

>> Number of seconds where all calls to the agent are on hold during the

>> reporting interval. HoldTime is counted only while the agent is doing no

>> other call-related activity. HoldTime is included in the calculation of

>> LoggedOnTime.

>>

I am not absolutely sure about this, but logically, the IncomingCallsOnHoldTime is a subset of HoldTime. I mean, HoldTime being the global HoldTime (including all types of calls), and IncomingCallsOnHoldTime is related only to inbound ACD calls. This is actually in the schema doc, but again, it's kind of fuzzy:

>>

>> IncomingCallsOnHoldTime

>> Total number of seconds that inbound ACD calls calls that an agent

>> associated with this skill group placed on hold that ended during the

>> reporting interval. The value is counted when the after-call work time

>> associated with the call (if any) is completed, and the database is updated

>> every reporting.

>>

Well, this does not explain that, does it.

This way: do you have access to the HDS database? Would be interesting to take a look at the Agent_State_Trace table for a particular agent and then do the calculations. I know, it's kind of complicated, but let's just wait and see if someone else comes up with a better explanation.

G.

THanks G,

this is exactly   my point nothing is very straight forward when it comes to deterinig how things are calculated.

I think your state trace report though is a good one and I will see if we can run that and that may well give us the answer.

Thansk for replying. :-)

Very interesting thread.  I'm currently reviewing how AHT is calculated, and have been able to determine that the following fields will add up to HandledCallsTimeToHalf:

HandledCallsTalkTimeToHalf +

IncomingCallsOnHoldTimeToHalf +

WorkReadyTimeToHalf +

WorkNotReadyTimeToHalf

For me, HoldTimeToHalf is always much less than IncomingCallsOnHoldTimeToHalf, i have a feeling that the latter value represents the hold time from the customers perspective, because for me IncomingCallsOnHoldTimeToHalf is pretty close to the sum of HoldTimeToHalf, ConsultativeCallsTimToHalf, TalkOutTimeToHalf.

For example:

Answer Inbound Call

- Talk to customer 30 sec

- Put Customer on Hold 30 sec

+ Make Consult Call to another Agent 60 sec

- Hang up

HandledCallsTimeToHalf would be 180 sec

HandledCallsTalkTimeToHalf would be 90 sec

IncomingCallsOnHoldTimeToHalf would be 90 sec

and HoldTimeToHalf would be 30 sec

If you only use HoldTimeToHalf in your Avg Hold Time then you will fall short when trying to balance it up to HandledCallsTimeToHalf.

note: this far i'm crunching numbers from real interactions.  In the near future i plan to run through a whole series of test call flows to ensure the above theory is sound.