cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I convert current wait time into seconds?

LabanM
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to get the current wait time when a call is in queue, but all I get is -1. Is there some way to convert to seconds to I can take action based on the wait time of a call? I don't want to create a prompt, I just need to know how long a call has been in queue so I can forward to another queue etc. 

Currently using UCCX 10.6

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A -1 from reporting statistics indicates a problem acquiring the actual metric.  So, if you already received a -1, then there's nothing you can do with math or conversions to fix this.

In fact, the most common issue is an invalid CSQ name, though from time to time, we all end up getting bit by a nasty bug:

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvb28223

Also, once you fix the -1 issue, it will be in seconds.  So for you, you will not need to convert it to seconds, but your math or conditional checks, if in minutes, will need to be in seconds.

E.g., For a 5 minute check

Do this
If (wait_duration > 300)

Not this
If (wait_duration > 5)

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A -1 from reporting statistics indicates a problem acquiring the actual metric.  So, if you already received a -1, then there's nothing you can do with math or conversions to fix this.

In fact, the most common issue is an invalid CSQ name, though from time to time, we all end up getting bit by a nasty bug:

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvb28223

Also, once you fix the -1 issue, it will be in seconds.  So for you, you will not need to convert it to seconds, but your math or conditional checks, if in minutes, will need to be in seconds.

E.g., For a 5 minute check

Do this
If (wait_duration > 300)

Not this
If (wait_duration > 5)

@Anthony Holloway wrote:

Awesome, this was helpful info. Looks like I was capturing the statistic too quickly and once captured it did not update. Working great now! 

I definitely understand the seconds versus minutes and will set conditions accordingly.  Thank you.

Oh cool. What do you mean "too quickly?" And how did you adjust it to make it work?

Just a guess, but I think that he did the get statistics before the call actually was in the CSQ. Then you would also get a negative wait time.

Response Signature

@Roger Kallberg wrote:

Just a guess, but I think that he did the get statistics before the call actually was in the CSQ. Then you would also get a negative wait time.

The reporting statistic was at the top of the qloop, so the call was in the CSQ but at the very beginning. 

@Anthony Holloway wrote:
Oh cool. What do you mean "too quickly?" And how did you adjust it to make it work?

I had the reporting statistic set at the top of the qloop inside the Select Resource step. I moved it to the bottom since I only need to take action after a few minutes.

I see. I am actually surprised that it failed like that. I'd ask you to file a defect, but that version is so old it probably doesn't matter at this point. I did just try doing exactly this in UCCX 11.6(2) and I got back 0, not -1.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: