cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can i get db_cra from my uccx 8.5.1 (Historical Reporting) ??

Vinod Kembhavi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am migrating from IPCX 4.1 to 8.5.1. Successfully ported all scripts, applications, etc.

For historical reporting purpose, In old system, we used run sql backup to take the db_cra from production server to a processing server. From this processing server, seperate application/scripts (SQL) are used to extract and report the data as per end users requirement.

I have following queries w.r.t. uccx 8.5.1

1. How can I take out db_cra from uccx box to another server (in database format) ?

2. Is there any command available (cli) to make it in sql format ?

3. Any third party tool/appliation available for this ?

Thanks,

Vinod

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Aaron,

I am trying for a similar solution. I downloaded SQuirreL SQL client version 3.4.0. I installed the JDBC drivers on them and used the following URL to access the db_cra -

jdbc:informix-sqli://X.X.X.X:1443/db_cra:INFORMIXSERVER=ipccx001_uccx

X.X.X.X being the IP address of my primary UCCX server 8.5.

The drivers were successfully installed and I can see the blue check mark against it. Moving forward I created Alias with the same URL and driver. The username I used is uccxhruser followed by the password.

Unfortunately, when I try to connect I get the following error -

Unexpected Error occurred attempting to open an SQL connection.

Is there any extra configuration that needs to be checked?

Thank you.

Joseph Chirayath.

View solution in original post

Hi Joseph

Your port number should be 1504, 1443.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Ronald Reif
Level 1
Level 1

Vinod,

Yes there is a 3rd party solution for you.  My company has been enhancing the reporting aspects of the UCCX since v3.5.

Please let me know if you would like to discuss the value we bring in historical reporting with easy customization of reports as well as current status views to better manage the call center.

Ron Reif

SMSI

rreif@smsi.com

651-635-2822

Hi Ron,

Thanks for your response...

We are already using reporting tool with old UCCX 4.1 which based on SQL database, we just want to know how we can take out db_cra from UCCX8.5.1 which is based on Informix database?

is there any cli command or user which will have access to db_cra database?

Thanks,

Vinod

Hi Vinod

Basically you can access Informix via ODBC - it's intended to allow you to develop custom reports etc, and you don't get full DB access.

Details of the ODBC settings are here :

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2134968

I'm also from an MS background, so when using the UCCX/Informix system it seems more difficult as you no longer get all the MS SQL tools for doing things like exporting data.

I believe the only method to export the data from Informix is to basically 'select' out the tables you want. It would be nice to have some sort of export capability built in that ensured you get all the data without duplicates etc but I don't think that functionality exists.

Hopefully Jonathan or someone will have some more advice for you...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

I am trying for a similar solution. I downloaded SQuirreL SQL client version 3.4.0. I installed the JDBC drivers on them and used the following URL to access the db_cra -

jdbc:informix-sqli://X.X.X.X:1443/db_cra:INFORMIXSERVER=ipccx001_uccx

X.X.X.X being the IP address of my primary UCCX server 8.5.

The drivers were successfully installed and I can see the blue check mark against it. Moving forward I created Alias with the same URL and driver. The username I used is uccxhruser followed by the password.

Unfortunately, when I try to connect I get the following error -

Unexpected Error occurred attempting to open an SQL connection.

Is there any extra configuration that needs to be checked?

Thank you.

Joseph Chirayath.

Hi Joseph

Your port number should be 1504, 1443.

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

I tried port 1504 and 1443. I was able to open a session using 1504.

Thank you so much for your support.

Regards,

Joseph Chirayath

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: