Helpful
Replies

How can I insert a play music between the rest API sent and receive

Alex Tzang
Level 1
Level 1

Dears 

I have a case in here. 

when I sent request to backend Host system to waiting for result , it takes a long time . 
May I add a script to prompt a music while customer wait for the result back from the Host ? 

when we get the result , we will receive the text string and call TTS to prompt back to customer the result. 

Any idea that I can add a music play between I sent the request and receive the result before I call TTS ? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ptindall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Two possibilities come to mind.

1.  Call on hold, do backend request, call off hold
  2. Use the CCX voice browser and use VoiceXML with fetchaudio enabled while doing a <data> or <subdialog> element to (indirectly) make the backend request.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

The nature of UCCX scripting is pretty synchronous so no you will not be able to "wait" for a response while you do something else. Is there anything you can do to speed up the response from the back end?

david

Unfortunately,That’s the customer backend system.we can do nothing about it.

ptindall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Two possibilities come to mind.

1.  Call on hold, do backend request, call off hold
  2. Use the CCX voice browser and use VoiceXML with fetchaudio enabled while doing a <data> or <subdialog> element to (indirectly) make the backend request.

The 2nd possibility is genius! I keep forgetting that UCCX can handle regular VXML.

david

Million Thanks , let me try these methods. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: