cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how can i start with finesse?

shubham.sharma
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to finesse.I even don't know the basic steps to start with.

12 Replies 12

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Shubham,

Take a look at the DevNet Finesse page: Cisco DevNet: Finesse. There is an overview, getting started, learning labs (tutorials), sandboxes (free developer use environments), etc.

Thanx,

Denise

I've gone through there but din't got clarified way to start with.

Just wanted to know the basic steps of installation and getting started.

Thanks

Shubham

shubham.sharma
Level 1
Level 1

I'm done with the setup of finesse.

also done with basic rest apis but when I am trying to login agent its giving me error as "Device associated with that extension or dial number is invalid."

Do I need any hardware(softphone) such as x-lite or ekiga as I am working with linux?

Thanks

Shubham

Yes. You need a hard or softphone to be connected to the callmanager. I am not sure which softphones work on linux. Most people typically use Cisco Jabber but it doesn't have a linux version.

Thanx,

Denise

I've installed ekiga softphone on linux but not able to connect it with

call manager.

Can you guide with steps to be followed..

Thanks

Shubham

Hi Shubham,

I've never connected a ekiga softphone to callmanager before, but here is a post using an older call manager version: [Solved] Ekiga Softphone Third Party SIP Endpoint Registration in CUCM

Hopefully it can help.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

When I am trying to for agent login I am getting error as

"Device associated with that extension or dial number is invalid."I've

checked almost everything but the setup seems to be fine to me.

I've set finesse server on devnet sandbox.

Thanks

Shubham

PFA error message

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 12:02 PM, Shubham Sharma <

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 12:46 PM, Shubham Sharma <

Third party SIP endpoints don't have CTI support so even if you registered it with CUCM it isn't going to work.  However, you could use it as a mobile agent if this is on CCE.  You could also create an Extend & Connect device with an associated physical remote destination to get something working to sign-on to and take incoming calls.  Be aware that not all call control functionality will work.

Hi,

I am stucked at this place i.e. Agent Login into finesse agent desktop.

Hi Shubaham,

As Paul pointed out, you probably want to use mobile agent (assuming this is CCE). Here is a doc on how to configure it: Mobile Agent Guide for Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise & Hosted Release 9.0(1) - System Configuration for Unifie… It is an older doc, but I think it still applies.

Thanx,

Denise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: