cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can we read .aef file?? Is the anyway with out ccx Editor

ehtasham.malik
Level 1
Level 1

I need to  know is there any way to read/write .aef file in java with  out cisco ccx editor. 

Is .aef is cisco property or we can play with it.

Any help is much appreciated.  

25 Replies 25

The question being asked in this thread though was in regards to methods necessary to read the AEF file. (Simple StreamReader, StreamReader with some sort of decoding, etc, etc.) The very basic "get textual representation of this file into some usable coding language."

Even just the ability to dump an aef file to text would be really helpful for me.  Then I could copy and paste snippets of the code to add to documentation, or paste into google for searching, etc.

Let me see if I can't help you guys out with something to suit your needs. Give me some time.

I would like to be able to do bulk edits on scripts using a text editor or some other Application Development Environment. I just had to update about 43 Menu steps to change "Flush Input Buffer" from Yes to No.

It would also cut down on the unintended cut and paste errors that seem to pop up in the CCX Editor.

Thanks, Randy

Thanks for looking into this [@tanner.ezell]

Just to shift gears a little towards the OP's (and my own) question - 

I can use a BufferedReader to open the file, but after that, it appears that there is either a custom Charset or I haven't stumbled across the correct one that Cisco uses.  To clarify, I can see portions of the file but there are large chunks of junk data in most of the common Charsets.

I even went as far as iterating the entire list of Java supported Charsets (I may start writing all my output files in "x-MacSymbol" just for fun) without being able to clear the junk text so I have some assumptions about where I need to go next but don't want to spend a ton of time hacking at this if you have a pointer or two that may help.

Hey tannerezell , any chance you've had a moment to look at this? Thanks.

You can print using the Microsoft XPS document writer.

*bump*

[@tanner.ezell]  

Any chance you've been able to put some thought into a shareable pointer towards reading .aef files?

Thanks.

Is this site not working anymore? Page won't load for me, was really looking forward to using it.

Hi Ehtasham,

What are you hoping to accomplish with this? 

Regards,

Tanner Ezell

ContactView - Visually Create AEFs for Cisco's UCCX

tannerezell   [@tanner.ezell]   I am still waiting for you input if you do  have any  suggestion ..thanks. 

I would like to test your tool but I can not register, has error...

"There was an error trying to send your message. Please try again later."

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: