cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can we set an alarm or notification when SIDE B has become active in PCCE.

geno.vazquez
Level 1
Level 1

We currently have PCCE 11.5. Every once in a while Side B will become active. Is there a way to set an alarm or receive a notification when our PGs are active on Side B?

Is there a guide that shows how this can be setup?

Thanks, 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

geno.vazquez
Level 1
Level 1

I'm replying back since I figured out a good way to get a notification in case somebody is interested.

There are a few of alerts in event viewer that tells you when a service went down and when it came back up. 

1. Event 33029 - PGs/Dialier shutting down by administrator 
  2. Event 33030 - PGs/Dialier shutting down
  3. Event 33025 – PGs/Dialer Initializing (the service is back)

I just added a task to be triggered on this event. The task is a powershell script that sends an email to our group.

With this we will know when the PCCE may go to Side A or B.

Thanks, 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Why would you want this? There are a number of reasons (network failover, patching/rebooting, etc.) that might make B active, and processes should work fine with B as they would with A.

There's one custom feature that only works on Side A as of now. While we get it to work on SideB, I have to manually check through  "Diagnostic Framework Portico" on Services > ListProcesses to see which side is Active. 

It would be nice to send traces or SNMP messages to a different server where I can do setup a custom alert. 

geno.vazquez
Level 1
Level 1

I'm replying back since I figured out a good way to get a notification in case somebody is interested.

There are a few of alerts in event viewer that tells you when a service went down and when it came back up. 

1. Event 33029 - PGs/Dialier shutting down by administrator 
  2. Event 33030 - PGs/Dialier shutting down
  3. Event 33025 – PGs/Dialer Initializing (the service is back)

I just added a task to be triggered on this event. The task is a powershell script that sends an email to our group.

With this we will know when the PCCE may go to Side A or B.

Thanks,