cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how can we validate the length of mobile agent dial number in finesse Login page

smeegada1
Spotlight
Spotlight

how can we validate the length of mobile agent dial number in finesse Login page.currently we have a scenario where agents are entering incorrect/invalid dial number so taught of doing front end validation and displaying error message if length is less/greater than 10 digit.

7 Replies 7

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I am assuming when you say "Finesse Login page", you are talking about the Finesse out of the box desktop one. If so, there isn't a way to add extra validation to the page as it is not customizable.

Thanx,

Denise

Thanks for the info.Is there any way we can do the validation on server side before logging in agent?

Let me understand the issue you are facing. Is it that the agents get logged in "successfully", but their phones don't work since it is incorrect? Or is there an error when logging in and you want a more specific error.

Yes agents login successfully but their phones doesn't work since agent entered incorrect DID at login.For MobileAgent, Dial Number length should be 10 digit and we are not sure how to handle/valiadte this in finesse in Front end/Server side to avoid issues.

The only thing I can think of is that since agents are able to log in "successfully", you can create a custom gadget for the Finesse desktop to validate the extension. Then pop up an alert that it is incorrect and ask them to log out and log back again with the correct number.

There isn't any other way to validate it.

Thanx,

Denise

Thanks for the info.I have created gadget but not sure why am getting empty for the following which am trying to get from user object.

Created User Object:-

user = new finesse.restservices.User({

id: cfg.id,

onLoad : handleUserLoad,

onChange : handleUserChange

});

Trying to get

$("#mobileAgent").text(user.isMobileAgent());

$("#mobileAgentDialNumber").text(user.getMobileAgentDialNumber());

Please share if you have any sample gadget where we are checking for Mobile.

Hi,

Does that user object have the other fields populated? Take a look at the actual User notification at this point, is there a value in the <mobileAgent><dialNumber> tag?

I don't know of any sample gadgets that deal with mobile agent.

Thanx,

Denise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: