cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I know when a caller barges-in to audio playback ?

southernchic
Level 1
Level 1

I have a call studio app that plays some audio to the caller, and waits for a response (a menu).  The VXML has <prompt bargein="true"> allowing the caller to barge-in instead of having to listen to the entire audio playback.

I need to know for reporting purposes if the caller did indeed barge-in (or not).  Is there a way to do this ?

FYI - my call studio app calls a custom java element to generate the VXML to play this audio.  I can modify this java as needed if there is a way to know the caller barged-in.

Thanks in advance for any help!

3 Replies 3

Quigath
Spotlight
Spotlight

I've never seen this. Not in the debug logging or in any reports. It may be there, it's just that I've never noticed it.

You could maybe infer based on length of time before they input. If it's less than the length of the prompt then you could assume they barged in. Then again, it'd kind of be a manual process, and may be unreliable.

Thanks for your reply!  I am hoping there is some property I can set that will tell the VG or VVB to return this to us. 

I don't think the length of time would work.  We'd have to know the length of each audio playback.  Plus the caller could barge-in at the start of playback or after listening to part of the playback. But it is still something to think about in case there is nothing else !

This is interesting, but I can absolutely see how this would be useful. The only thing that comes to mind is that you're doing some logging to an external source every time you start an audio playback and then log again when you recognize a barge in. Then you'll have to calculate the delta of the two.

david