cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I run Supervisor Workflow Administrator in the background/VM?

alan.ambers
Level 1
Level 1

As we have just re-written our scripts, the supervisors want to run a new supervisor workflow to send e-mails out when certain thresholds are met.  However if the Supervisor isn't there, they still want it to run.

This is on UCCX 8.5 SU2.

I know I can  load CSD on a guest in our VM environment and create a "dummy" supervisor (who will have the workflow created).  I can automatically start the CSD at starup, but I don't know how to enter the username and password.

Is there a way to do this or overall to do what I want to accomplish?

Thanks!

/alan

7 Replies 7

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

I have CSD running on the CCX server itself.  This way the machine is always on and running, and the CSD will always remain up as well.  May not be best practice, but it works.

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

Andrew -

This won't work since UCCX 8.5 is the Linux version.

/alan

Hi

An alternate approach might be to write your email alerts into your scripts. Check queue depth, if over x then email out...

Perhaps also store some info in a common session var to prevent excessive bursts of email and so on.

Or just use a utility PC (e.g. a wallboard PC if you have one) to run Sup constantly.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron -

I am trying to avoid anything in the scripts since that is all handled by an outside consultant which would make it difficult to fine tune the thresholds.

I had thought about a wall board, but with the way our office is set up, the agents won't be able to see it.

I guess I'm off to open a TAC case.

/alan

Prashanth -

That document is more how to run CAD in a thin client environment where an agent will be running the instance and taking calls.  What I am looking for is to run the CSD unmonitored with a workflow set up to send out e-mails when there are so many calls waiting in a queue.  My specific issue is if the Virtual workstion is restarted, I want to automatically start the CSD and log in.

I opened a TAC case and they said I would not be able to do that.

So I will still create a VM PC running CSD.  We will just have to manually check from time to time (or some other way) to make sure that the "fake" supervisor is logged in.

I know that anybody else running the supervisor would see this "fake" supervisor so that is one way to confirm.

Thanks

/alan

Alan,

Yep the same document can be used

I was not aware of the restart of the VM workstation and automatically start the csd

Thats something which is unsupported, or more out of design

Thanks,

Prashanth

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: