cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you interupt on hold?

Perry Camacho
Level 1
Level 1

I have a script that that places a user on hold after hearing the prompt. During this time they are listening to MoH. What I really want to find out is it possible to allow a customer to interupt the hold music by pressing 3 to go to voicemail?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

Instead of using a hold step, have the music play as a Menu step, Prompt step, etc.  Those are interruptible.

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Create an "Int" variable and call it something like "loopIncrement".

Insert an "Increment" step into the script before they loop to the beginning.  What this will do is increment the value of "loopIncrement" by 1 every time they cycle through.  You can then configure logic with an "If" step that if the value of "loopIncrement" is equal to X (say 5 for X), then the caller will go to VM or wherever you want them to go to.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

Instead of using a hold step, have the music play as a Menu step, Prompt step, etc.  Those are interruptible.

So in my case, I have a prompt playing that states please wait until an agent is available. Can I play that original prompt plus then play a prompt of the hold music directly afterwards? If so, how do I make it time out so they get back to this message after 120 secs again and is there a counter that would see that they've cycled through a certain amount of times?

How long is the hold music file?  Is it more or less than 2 minutes?

It's about 30-40 secs. But the problem is that we want to play the MoH for 60 secs the first time, then 120 secs after that. I'm trying to be proactive knowing that eventually they would want it to only cycle through a certain amount of times before going to VM directly or somewhere.

Is there a recording that advises the caller to press 3 to leave a VM?

Yes, and I screwed up with a bit of the info. The MoH file we are using is 3 mins 1 sec long.

Are you using a "Hold" step followed by a "Delay" step currently?  The Delay step is interruptible.

Actually, I believe we will use your first idea, it worked well, the wav file just seems to be corrupted and only squeals. I have someone recreating the hold music as a wav file that is 120 secs long. That will just keep looping until someone answers or they opt out by pressing 3 for VM. Now the question is how big a wav file can UCCX handle and how do I count the amount of times they loop?

Create an "Int" variable and call it something like "loopIncrement".

Insert an "Increment" step into the script before they loop to the beginning.  What this will do is increment the value of "loopIncrement" by 1 every time they cycle through.  You can then configure logic with an "If" step that if the value of "loopIncrement" is equal to X (say 5 for X), then the caller will go to VM or wherever you want them to go to.

DUDE!! Thanks that will be perfect

Glad to help.  Good luck with your changes!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: