cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you separate the Servers for UCCX?

destiny6366
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,  We are current on version 8.0.2 uccx servers.  We are planning to separate the servers.  We will keep one at our location and the other one will be in another location.  Can someone tell me where I can find the procedures needed to do this?  Will I also need to change anything in CUCM. Any documentation would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Steven Pawlak
Level 1
Level 1

I believe that since you built your current system as HAoLAN, that you need to remove the Standby server from the cluster and become a standalone. Then move second server to remote location and perform initial setup on it again, this time declaring it as HAoWAN. See page 74 in Install Guide.

CCX Docs can be found here.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/tsd_products_support_series_home.html

View solution in original post

Steven Pawlak
Level 1
Level 1

Once you remove the Standby (Second) server from the cluster, it will just be a server with software on it. You then need to redo the post install configuration and add it back to the cluster, but this time choose the HAoWAN.

The Master(First) server is all the brains in the cluster. The Standby is just a copy of the Master, in a matter of speaking.

To learn more about how they communicate, you can look at the SRND for CCX 8.0, but there is a lot of network and system level speak about it.

I would suggest opening a TAC case and having them walk you thru it.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Steven Pawlak
Level 1
Level 1

I believe that since you built your current system as HAoLAN, that you need to remove the Standby server from the cluster and become a standalone. Then move second server to remote location and perform initial setup on it again, this time declaring it as HAoWAN. See page 74 in Install Guide.

CCX Docs can be found here.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/tsd_products_support_series_home.html

Pawlak,

I'm trying to understand.  Is there any configuring done on the second node? Since it was already in a cluster.  I understand we need to delete it from node one and the added it back in as WAN.  How do the nodes talk to each other.

Any advise is appreciated.  This is my first attempt at this.  Thanks for all your help.

Steven Pawlak
Level 1
Level 1

Once you remove the Standby (Second) server from the cluster, it will just be a server with software on it. You then need to redo the post install configuration and add it back to the cluster, but this time choose the HAoWAN.

The Master(First) server is all the brains in the cluster. The Standby is just a copy of the Master, in a matter of speaking.

To learn more about how they communicate, you can look at the SRND for CCX 8.0, but there is a lot of network and system level speak about it.

I would suggest opening a TAC case and having them walk you thru it.

Thank you so much for your helpful information

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: