cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how the AvgRouterDelay metric impacts SL and ASA, can any one explain this

thanvi2001
Level 1
Level 1

how the AvgRouterDelay metric impacts SL and ASA, can any one explain on this ?

I wanted to get a bit more understanding around that AvgRouterDelay metric and reassurance it doesn’t impact the results.

18 Replies 18

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

all three numbers are a result of a calculation.

Can you give me the ICM version?

G.

current ICM Version is 6.0, but we are migrating to V 9.1...what are the calculations

You tell me whether you are using a Webview stock report (not modified by Infomaker) and the report ID, please. G.

we are trying to reconcile when we export the Calltype21 report to calculate SL in real time.

When the report is exported into Excel, there are a lot of columns of data.

we see AvgRouterDelay and don’t know how it impacts SL and ASA.

(see table below)

EntName

Datetime

CallType

RouterQCalls

AvgRouterDelayQ

RouterAbandQ

AnsWaitTime

ErrorCount

ICRDefaultRouted

NetworkDefaultRouted

ReturnBR

CallsOffered

CallsHandled

CallsAband

SvcLvlAband

SvcLvlCallsHalf

SvcLvlCallsOfferedHalf

OverflowOut

Incomplete

delaytime

shortcalls

asa

BizDefend_Eng

10/7/2014

10:00:00

Desjardin_Fre

10/7/2014

IDef_Crossell_Fre

10/7/2014

BizDefend_Eng

10/7/2014

10:30:00

Desjardin_Fre

10/7/2014

11:00:00

From the DB Schema:

AvgRouterDelayQToHalf = RouterQueueWaitTimeToHalf / RouterQueueCallsToHalf

It's simply a calculation corresponding to the average time spent in queue for all callers who waited in queue (and not those delivered directly to an agent). It does not impact SL or ASA, as all three are calculations based on different fields. If this statistic is lower, it will likely correlate with better SL and ASA, but only because all three calculations are based in some way on the amount of time callers wait in queue.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Thank you all for prompt response, that was our worry, to confirm that it impacts SL & ASA, this cleared now.

Hi Jameson,

i've noticed that often i'll have high avgrouterdelay time, and that time is included in the asa. if the calls that are delayed prior to reaching an agent, that time should not be included in asa calculations as that directly impacts SL - or do i have that incorrectly?

Debra,

As I mentioned before, according to the DB Schema the field is calculated as:

AvgRouterDelayQToHalf = RouterQueueWaitTimeToHalf / RouterQueueCallsToHalf

To put it in plain English: AvgRouterDelay = The average amount of time spent in queue by callers who waited in queue (i.e. did not deliver direct to an agent).

By their definitions, ASA and SL will include the time the callers spent in queue.

-Jameson

-Jameson

thanks for the quick response!! i figured as much but was being told otherwise :)

one more question, thanks for your patience :)

the avg router delay time also seems to include the amount of time a customer spends with an agent prior to transferring to the correct agent. for example, cx calls wrong queue, speaks with agent 1, who transfers to agent 2. the router delay time is high, as agent 2 was available at the time of transfer and there wasn't any wait time at that point in the call.

is this supposed to happen?

What makes you come to that conclusion? Do you have some real data to demonstrate this? Are you looking at the Call Type for the call that hit Agent 1?

-Jameson

i actually tested it. i called an internal department, spoke to that agent for two minutes, then asked them to transfer to a toll free number that was not currently in use externally (to ensure that the report would only pull the data from my call). i was connected immediately to an agent (i had quite a few available at that time). i then ran the reporting calltype21, and saw that the avg router delay was equivalent to the time spent prior to connecting to the second agent. this time was also included in my asa and as a result, i failed sl on that call.

By "time spent prior to connecting to the second agent", do you mean:

1. time spent listening to messages before ringing the second agent's phone?
    OR
  2. the two minutes you spent on the call with the first agent?

Option number 2 is impossible if the first agent was transferring to an external number (i.e. hairpinning the call through the PSTN). If it's Option 1, then it sounds like you may not be using enough Call Types. To get accurate queuing statistics, it is a good idea to assign a new Call Type right before you begin queuing.

If, for example, you only set a single call type at the beginning of a call, and then have 1 minute of Menus and messaging before ever queuing to any agents, then your ASA, Avg Router Delay, etc. will all be greater than 1 minute.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Jameson, you may have figured it out. We may not be using enough call types. that would explain it - it's actually the ivr time i was referring to (not the 2 min talk time with the first agent). thank you once again for helping to clear this up!