cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to allow menu option to be chosen anywhere in the phone tree

dgillins01
Level 1
Level 1

We use Spanish menus and give the caller the choice at the top of  the phone tree using CED node, but once that time has passed, the caller will no longer have that option. they will need to hang up and dial back in to get that Spanish option.  How to allow the caller to choose that option at any time in the menu?

6 Replies 6

smeegada1
Spotlight
Spotlight

Try enabling Interruptible in NetWorkVRUScriptList in configuration manager 

Thanks but I need to be able to allow the caller to choose once they have gone past that wav file in the menu.  So it has to be able to be choosen at any point in the menu, even those wavs that do not offer the Spanish option.  Does that make sense?

Sorry i didn't get,can you please give more context.

You have received a secure message.

Read your secure message by opening the attachment, securedoc.html. You
will be prompted to open (view) the file or save (download) it to your
computer. For best results, save the file first, then open it in a Web
browser. To access from a mobile device, forward this message to
mobile@res.cisco.com to receive a mobile login URL.

If you have concerns about the validity of this message, contact the sender
directly.

First time users - will need to register after opening the attachment. For more
information, click the following Help link.
Help - https://res.cisco.com/websafe/help?topic=RegEnvelope
About Cisco Registered Email Service - https://res.cisco.com/websafe/about">https://res.cisco.com/websafe/about

So , from your description is the call flow ?

You have a menu say press 1 for english , press 2 for spain. The caller selects 1 for english and then listens to sub english menus

1 for english , 2 for spanish

the caller selects 1

the gets ask for say for sales press1, for accounts for press2

then at some point the caller wishes to re-listen to the prompts in spain again?

This is correct?

Normally any menu and sub menu's are based upon the caller selection of say 1-5 sales, accounts, support etc. and 1-5 are used in every menu . I guess you could at the first language prompt instead of stating for english press1, for spanish press 2 identify what number will not be used then use that

Welcome to ACME company at any point in the menus , can the following language choices if you wish to change language For english press 8, for spanish press 9 

then for every subsequent menu , you add in the option 8 or 9 as a "hidden" option  and then route then to the same menu but in other " other" language ???

if you dont want to use Menu or CED then use Get Digits with say a digit lenght of 1-2 with a time out so you can capture 1-9 as well as xx digits 

Hope makes sense 

If you're suggesting, as an IVR design, that your caller be allowed to change languages mid-call; that sounds like a bad design to me. If the caller decides they chose the wrong language, I think that the best option would be to hang up and try again. Or maybe allow then to go back to a top-level menu where the language can be re-selected.

Assuming your IVR's purpose is to present information to the caller.

If you're doing some kind of phone-based translation service then of course do whatever you need to :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: