cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to backup UCCE config

bo liu
Level 4
Level 4

i have a question that how to backup config , awdb or logger?

i backup awdb in AW,and i restore it to the awdb but the logger not sync it..... and i Initialize Local Database in AW the config restore is remove....

whether i should buckup logger???

17 Replies 17

spaulin
Level 1
Level 1

It is absolutely SENSELESS to back up an AWDB, as you would never (ever) restore such a backup.

Think about it - the awdb contains config data, and real-time data.  The config data you might back up would be out-of-date the moment anyone makes any config insert/modify/delete.  The real-time data is refreshed every ten seconds, so any backup would immediately be out-of-date.

If an AWDB becomes corrupted or something like that, you'd simply drop & re-create it.  First time you restart the distributor service, it will pull down the latest config & script data from the central controller.  You would never need to restore a backup of any awdb (ever).

Use SQL Server's own (or a third party sw if you'd like) to back up the loggers, and also the HDS databases to save your historical data.

As for taking a snapshot of the config, if it was *me* I would do this daily with an ICMDBA export of the config data. 

Then if something happens to your system you can quickly revert (by importing) to a last-known good configuration.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: