cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to compare Cisco ICM scripts version changes like Version 1 and version 2 difference

Rajesh.M
Beginner
Beginner

I want to compare Cisco ICM script version 1 and version 2 changes/difference  like inside nodes or addition of nodes or flow changed on Version 2 script. is there is any way to find out this using Cisco ICM or third parity application.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Sasikumar Divvela
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no option in ICM to do this . And i don't think 3rd party applications also can do or not since Script editor nodes/data are stored as encrypted format in DB

View solution in original post

Wait a second. There are some SQL queries you can use to compare the nodes inside the script with the Script_Cross_Reference table. This is a slightly tricky query - you need to know the target type you are looking at and JOIN to the correct table.

But you can certainly see if major nodes are present in both versions - objects like Call Types, Dialed Numbers, User Variables (globals), NVRU scripts, Labels, Skill Groups, Go To Script nodes etc. It's not everything of course, but is worth considering.

ASIDE: I encourage script writers to always scribble something about the change in the Description (after saving, right click Properties and say something). Even if this is just a reference to a change / ticket number that has more details. The worst thing you can do (in my opinion) is to make a change to a script and not document it in any way - you can see the description in Script Explorer or with a SQL query.

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Sasikumar Divvela
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no option in ICM to do this . And i don't think 3rd party applications also can do or not since Script editor nodes/data are stored as encrypted format in DB

Thanks Sasikumar, we are struggling a lot on Script version changes while migration. Is there is any SQL query or any other way to compare old and new version node changes/addition alone.

I dont think any such tools availability and you have to check it manually.

No Rajesh. you have to manually check from script editor by comparing versions. 

Wait a second. There are some SQL queries you can use to compare the nodes inside the script with the Script_Cross_Reference table. This is a slightly tricky query - you need to know the target type you are looking at and JOIN to the correct table.

But you can certainly see if major nodes are present in both versions - objects like Call Types, Dialed Numbers, User Variables (globals), NVRU scripts, Labels, Skill Groups, Go To Script nodes etc. It's not everything of course, but is worth considering.

ASIDE: I encourage script writers to always scribble something about the change in the Description (after saving, right click Properties and say something). Even if this is just a reference to a change / ticket number that has more details. The worst thing you can do (in my opinion) is to make a change to a script and not document it in any way - you can see the description in Script Explorer or with a SQL query.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: