cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to count how many times the caller calls by using UCCX script?

Yangjp715
Level 2
Level 2

Hi there,

My customer wants to do a few changes for their script as below:

At the beginning of the script they are planning to add a new menu item, it will announce their new privacy policies and to continue the user must press the number one to continue to the Welcome.  If they do not press 1 then the message should repeat itself and if they again do not press 1 they should be transferred over to a live operator who will explain things and then be able to transfer them back to the message so that they can press 1 and continue.

I modified their script as attached file, but i don't know how to count how many times the caller calls in "Get Reporting Statistic".

Any helps would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Reena Mundary
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You can just add a variable and increase the count for next try.

Hope this will  help you.

Regards,
reena

View solution in original post

Count variable will increase per each call . When one call is already there and new call comes, the new call will start with 0 only. 

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Reena Mundary
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You can just add a variable and increase the count for next try.

Hope this will  help you.

Regards,
reena

Thanks a lot to both of you.

I just want to set a variable to let the system know how many times the same user doesn't press one. The call will be sent to the message the first time, the call will be sent to operator the second time for the same user. If we set a count variable, when the first user mistypes, the call will be sent to message, at the same time, the second user does the same thing, the call will be sent to the operator, but not the message.

Thanks.

Eric

Count variable will increase per each call . When one call is already there and new call comes, the new call will start with 0 only. 

Thanks a lot, Reena.

There's a lot of misunderstanding here.

Any simple variable in a script is local to a specific call - the first time this step executes for each caller it will be the same value, regardless of whether 50 consecutive calls occur, or 50 at the same time.

You will not get different behaviour for the 'first' or 'second' user.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I'm confused two answers here.

So test it - you'd test it anyway right? :-)

Do two reactive debugs, two calls, and step through them both. See what the values do...

It's possible they do what you want, but your request wasn't clear.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks for reminding me. Aaron

Maybe this will help.  When a person calling in and meet with a greeting and then give the option of pressing one. If the user doesn’t pick any options, the menu greeting repeats itself….then if there is still no response from the user it will be transferred off to the operator so that they can assist.

Please see the attached file.

OK.

So what does this mean?

If we set a count variable, when the first user mistypes, the call will be sent to message, at the same time, the second user does the same thing, the call will be sent to the operator, but not the message.

What's the second caller have to do with anything? Each caller would get the same treatment, no?

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

At beginning, i want to use a variable to get number of mistake for the same caller, then we will send the call to right place to fulfill the customers' needs. 

Do you have any suggestion for the new posted script?

Thanks.

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Why do you need to count 'how many times the caller calls'?

The script doesn't need to know? You can count how many times the menu has been played and take action (i.e. default to transfer, in case the caller cannot press 1 due to phone problems or types) as Reena suggested...

Aaron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: