cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to create agent in UCCE?

rjunaid.sh
Level 1
Level 1

Hey experts, i previously shifted myself from UCCX to UCCE am studying UCCE SRND so recently i was trying to create agent for finesse on UCCE but everything on UCCE is different on UCCX we can simply go to cucm and create extentsion then we can associate that to an agent and then a simple login on finesse, but UCCE is totally different i guess any how can i create agent on that?

And also how can i check on UCCE machine whine finesse is associated with my UCCE?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

Log into your Distributor or Admin Workstation, open the Unified CCE Administration Tools folder from the desktop, double click Configuration Manager. From Configuration Manager, expand Tools > List Tools > Person List. From the Person List window, click Retrieve and then click Add - provide a First Name, Last Name, Login Name and Password (Finesse does not accept blank passwords). From there, go back to Configuration Manager, expand Tools > Explorer Tools > Agent Explorer. If you have multiple Peripherals (Agent PGs), select the one you want to make an agent on. You'll likely just have one peripheral though. Click Retrieve > Add Agent > click on Select Person and find the Person you had just created. This will automatically fill out the First Name, Last Name, Login Name, Password and Enterprise Name. You can change the Enterprise Name to whatever you'd like. Additionally, you can provide a numerical value for AgentID (numbers only), if you leave it blank, the system will automatically create one when you save this agent creation. On the Advanced tab, you can select which agent desk setting you want them to use and the skill group membership tab allows you to skill them with skill groups, although, you should be using precision queues unless this is outbound. Click save, and now you have an agent. For this agent to be able to log into Finesse, you have to associate them to an Agent Team. Go back to Configuration Manager, expand Tools > List Tools > Agent Team List > Click Retrieve. If you haven't created a Team, go ahead and do that now... if you have a team created, you can click on the Team name, click the Members tab and add your agent.

How this all makes it to Finesse is that Finesse is constantly reading the awdb database and pulling information from there - it pulls in the teams, which is why it's important to have your agent associated to a team. The agent must also be skilled with something.

Hope that helped

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

Log into your Distributor or Admin Workstation, open the Unified CCE Administration Tools folder from the desktop, double click Configuration Manager. From Configuration Manager, expand Tools > List Tools > Person List. From the Person List window, click Retrieve and then click Add - provide a First Name, Last Name, Login Name and Password (Finesse does not accept blank passwords). From there, go back to Configuration Manager, expand Tools > Explorer Tools > Agent Explorer. If you have multiple Peripherals (Agent PGs), select the one you want to make an agent on. You'll likely just have one peripheral though. Click Retrieve > Add Agent > click on Select Person and find the Person you had just created. This will automatically fill out the First Name, Last Name, Login Name, Password and Enterprise Name. You can change the Enterprise Name to whatever you'd like. Additionally, you can provide a numerical value for AgentID (numbers only), if you leave it blank, the system will automatically create one when you save this agent creation. On the Advanced tab, you can select which agent desk setting you want them to use and the skill group membership tab allows you to skill them with skill groups, although, you should be using precision queues unless this is outbound. Click save, and now you have an agent. For this agent to be able to log into Finesse, you have to associate them to an Agent Team. Go back to Configuration Manager, expand Tools > List Tools > Agent Team List > Click Retrieve. If you haven't created a Team, go ahead and do that now... if you have a team created, you can click on the Team name, click the Members tab and add your agent.

How this all makes it to Finesse is that Finesse is constantly reading the awdb database and pulling information from there - it pulls in the teams, which is why it's important to have your agent associated to a team. The agent must also be skilled with something.

Hope that helped

Thanks Bro that was helpful, but in UCCE how we assign extension ? like in UCCX we create extesion associate it with User, how can i register my phone in that ? 

You don't, there's no hard coded match that agent X = extension 1234 in UCCE. As long as the extension is valid and set up in UCM, and that extension is in a good range, there's no mapping directly. So today agent X uses extension 1234, and tomorrow agent Y uses extension 1234.

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

And also how can i check on UCCE machine whine finesse is associated with my UCCE?

That's all done through the Cisco Finesse Administration (https://your_finesse_fqdn/cfadmin). You fill out CTI Server settings, which allows connection back to the agent PGs. You fill our Admin and Data server settigns that pulls in info from the awdb database. And you provide the peers/secondary Finesse server hostname for failover.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: