cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to disable IE 11 from coming forward when receiving a call

joerunning
Level 1
Level 1

We recently began switching our agents from Chrome to IE 11 while they are using Finesse and UCCX 12.5.

Agents have begun complaining that IE 11 always bring the entire browser forward upon receiving an inbound call, a behavior they never experienced while using Chrome. I've not been able to find any information that specifically allows or disables this behavior so that IE defaults to a simple taskbar notification or flashing tab notification.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi, so a couple things:

-Why are you moving agents to IE11? Support for IE with UCCX is deprecated, here's a link about it.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_compatibility/matrix/uccxcompat12_0_5_SU1.html#Supported_Browsers

-Is it possible that you have toaster notifications enabled? If you disable it, do you not have the issue?

-Is the resolution at or higher than what is listed in the compatibility matrix above?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi, so a couple things:

-Why are you moving agents to IE11? Support for IE with UCCX is deprecated, here's a link about it.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_compatibility/matrix/uccxcompat12_0_5_SU1.html#Supported_Browsers

-Is it possible that you have toaster notifications enabled? If you disable it, do you not have the issue?

-Is the resolution at or higher than what is listed in the compatibility matrix above?

Good morning, Bill. Thanks for your reply.

What started this was the recently-discovered Chrome issue where it automatically suspends a page and then refreshes it when an agent receives a call. While the page is in a suspended state Finesse puts the agent into Not Ready.

While we now have the fix for that particular issue, Cisco TAC recommended that the agents switch to IE 11 or Edge since those browsers do not exhibit the same issue. We are now on UCCX 12.5, so I admit I missed the stipulation called out in the compatibility matrix. Screen resolutions vary from user-to-user due to several challenging factors between WFH and working in-office. Since I am not the PC tech responsible for that aspect I'm not gonna even go there!

I read something yesterday about "toaster notifications" but I've never had to worry about that before now so have never delved into it. I'll look into that this morning. 

In the meantime, have your agents used Edge successfully and would that be your recommendation going forward?

I just confirmed that toaster notifications are enabled and set to default at 8 seconds.

Personally, I would stick with Chrome, due to some of the other dependencies.

You may find this recent post about this issue of help.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/uccx-agent-goes-to-not-ready-agent-logon-during-a-call/td-p/4308549

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: