Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to find dependency records of Promt on UCCX

I need to delete some of the unused scripts and associated prompts, before deleting the prompts, i want to check if they are being used by any other scripts to avoid service interruption.

Please advise the procedure to check the dependency records for prompts.

1 Reply 1

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no check. Nor is there a check for CSQs, documents, or scripts (think about call subflow steps). It's a shame really.

In my mind, there are three ways to tackle this:

1) Just save a copy of the prompt somewhere, then delete it from the server, and wait and listen for someone to complain about the system not working right...ok...that's probably a poor choice, but hey, it was the first thought that came to mind.

2) Collect logs off the system for a certain period of time, reviewing them for media playing activities, and then determine that any prompt which played in the last X weeks/months, you will keep, everything else you archive off the system somewhere else.

3) You open every single script and look at every variable, and every media step, and start documenting! Oh, and don't forget to look at Application Parameters too!

Perhaps our community hero @Tanner Ezell can chime in with a suggestion, since he seems to have cracked the code on aef files.  :)