cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to get Facebook Token from SocialMiner?

edo_super
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I'm building a customized facebook reply template for cisco socialminer and i need to get the Facebook Token (from the feed that has been configured in SocialMiner), so that i can use that token when replying message (i will call Facebook API directly to reply message instead of SocialMiner API due to some reasons).

I know there is an API to get all the feed: but the authtoken is masked :

http://SOCIALMINER/ccp-webapp/ccp/feed

<authToken>********</authToken>

Any idea to get the actual authtoken? as this will be mandatory for my development.

Thanks,

Edward

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Edward,

Here what I understand is you are using FEED API that can provide a decrypted authorization access token string. The normal GET API will always return the masked passwords( authorization token ) .

So if you can receive it using GET API , then  you will be able to  use  PUT as well to update it back.

Request to refer - Cisco SocialMiner Developer Guide chapter 13 (Authorize Facebook accounts )for further details.

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Edward,

Here what I understand is you are using FEED API that can provide a decrypted authorization access token string. The normal GET API will always return the masked passwords( authorization token ) .

So if you can receive it using GET API , then  you will be able to  use  PUT as well to update it back.

Request to refer - Cisco SocialMiner Developer Guide chapter 13 (Authorize Facebook accounts )for further details.

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese