cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to install more CUCCX Editor versions on the same PC?

raziel78kain
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

is there a workaround to install more CUCCX Editor versions (e.g.: 4.x, 7.x, and 8.x) on the same PC?

In fact, when a CUCCX Editor is already installed, we have to uninstall it before installing another version.

TIA and Regards.

11 Replies 11

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

You dont need to uninstall and install Editor while installing different versions of UCCX editors. Simply go to UCCX admin ->Tools->Plug in page and install the editor for different versions.

You can access the specific versions of the editor by going to Start->All Programs->Cisco Unified CCX Editor_xxx

xxx->stands for the name of the version.

Note: Are you installing the lower versions of Editor after installing the higher version? If so please come from lower version to higher version.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts !!

Hello,

unfortunately, your advice doesn't work.

I have installed a 4.x Editor, and then I have tried to install a 7.x Editor, but a warning appears:

"Cisco Unified CCX Editor is already installed. To install this Unified CCX Editor, please uninstall the existing one..."

Regards.

Hi,

What happens, if you ignore that warning and continue to install?

If it allows , please give a different path for installation, so that it doesn't overwrite the previous install.

Thanks,

Anand

Hello,

unfortunately, we can only quit the installation.

Regards.

Hi,

I am hoping that you are trying to install Editor on some client PC, because you can not install Editor on the UCCX box, as you know that by default UCCX install has installed the Editor also.

Do not manually install the Cisco Unified CCX Editor on a server that is running Cisco Unified CCX. The Cisco Unified CCX Editor application is installed by default when you install Cisco Unified CCX and you will receive an error message if you try to reinstall it.

Reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_7_0/installation/guide/uccx70ig.pdf

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate the helpful posts!!

Hello,

obviously, I'm trying to install different versions on my PC...

Regards.

hi,

Just a last try.

What happens if you install the Editor of 7.x first and than the editor 4.x series ?

Also please attach the snashopt of the start->All programs->....

(Just curious to know what are the editors already installed)..

And also please reboot the PC evrytime you install\uninstall one version of Editor.

Because I have successfully installed 7.x and 8.x series Ediors on the same PC.

Thanks,

Anand

Hello,

when I try to install a 4.x version after a 7.x version, i have this warning:

"A higher upgrade is already installed"

I can only quit the installation.

Instead, the installation of an 8.x version after a 7.x version works fine.

The problem, now, is to install the 4.x version...

Regards.

Hi,

So its claer from your testing that you can not install the CRS 4.x editor along with any other higher versions of UCCX editors (say for an example 7.x\8.x), but where as you can have multiple editors installs of UCCX 7.x and 8.x series on the same box.

Thanks for your tests and hope its an useful information for others too.

Regards,

Anand

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I've got several VirtualBox virtual machines set up for each version we support. This way I don't mess up my notebook computer's registry and file system.

G.

Hi

I've had no problems with installing mutliple 8.x version (well, 8.0.something and 8.5.1) on my laptop by just installing to different directories. In older versions it has been a nuisance and I've used vmware etc to work around or work on the server via RDP (yeah, I know).

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: