Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

How to manipulate ANI for browser screen popup

Hello!

I have a customer request and I am not so good in CCX script, so I hope someone can help me (maybe is the solution not so complicated).

We have still a CCX script where we use the step "Get Call Contact Info" to save the calling party number in a variable (ANI). We use this variable to start the search in the customer's CRM with the calling party number via Finesse workflow.

Now ask the customer if it is possible to user only the last 5 numbers of the calling party number to do the search, because the format of the telephone number in the CRM's database is saved in different formats.

How can I change this value with a CCX step and save in a variable to user this for the search?

Thanks in advanced for your help.

BR

Mirko

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
VIP Collaborator

Re: How to manipulate ANI for browser screen popup

Hello,

First, it would depend on the length of the calling numbers and if they are variable (international).
If so, your best option would be to do a switch step:
Switch int (numberCalling.length() )
10, 11, 12 - etc. followed by the below for a single step but in each statement.

If not, you can just go by a single step.
Stet customerANI = numberCalling.substring(7,12)
- This would take a US number - +14085551234 and set customerANI to the substring, stripping the first 7 then going to the 12th digit or 51234.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
VIP Collaborator

Hello,

First, it would depend on the length of the calling numbers and if they are variable (international).
If so, your best option would be to do a switch step:
Switch int (numberCalling.length() )
10, 11, 12 - etc. followed by the below for a single step but in each statement.

If not, you can just go by a single step.
Stet customerANI = numberCalling.substring(7,12)
- This would take a US number - +14085551234 and set customerANI to the substring, stripping the first 7 then going to the 12th digit or 51234.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Mike,

I did a test with the second option and it works fine for me.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Mirko