cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to persist Call Variables when transfering a call (UCCE)

TulioDiniz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys.

I'm trying to set up a new call flow on our UCCE 11.6(1) deployment. At this new flow, the agent has to send the call back to the IVR (Cisco CVP) to be queued again and it will be eventurally answered by another skill group.

The issue is that, when the agent direct transfer the call back to the IVR, all the call variables are reseted. I was trying to use the RouterCallKey and the PeripheralVariables to better integrate with our CRM using Finesse's Browser Pop workflow action, but I'm unable to do so as the variables are not persisted after the transfer. I've tried using ECC variables too, but with no success.

Is there a way to mantain the value of the call variables after the transfer?

5 Replies 5

Piyush Verma
Level 4
Level 4

How are the agents transferring the call - using Finesse or phone?

• If using Finesse, then you can add that IVR number as ICM Dialed Number against the CUCM routing client. (no need to add that number in CUCM)
  • If using phone - then add that number in ICM (against CUCM routing client) as well as "CTI Route Point" in CUCM.

ICM Dialed Number -> map it to CallType -> Script. This script will invoke that CVP VXML application.

This way, this you can preserve the call context from the original inbound leg when agents transfer the call.

The agents are using Finesse to transfer the call. 

I did as you described at the first option. I created the DN, mapped it to a new CallType, and used an ICM Route Script to queue to the other Skill Group. But I also created a route Pattern on the CUCM sending the call back to the CVP. Without that, I was getting the error CTI-1 on the Finesse when trying to transfer. 

Any ideas of what I've done wrong? 

Does it work using option #2 (using CTI route point)?

in both the cases, make sure you have the VRU label routing setup correctly

1. VRU label in ICM for the CUCM routing client
  2. CUCM needs to have a route pattern (VRU label leading digits + ! wildcard) destined to CVP

In ICM script, when the call hits the "SendToVRU" node that's when ICM will respond to the CUCM with a VRU label + Correlation ID. CUCM should be able to process it and send that over to CVP (at this point, this is termed as a correlation id routed call - not a new call). Once this step is functional, you should be able to place a call using finesse or phone to accomplish the call context on a transfer.

I'm not sure if I got what you described. Do you have an example of those configuration?