cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to play a message for a caller while in a queue

Chris Jacobsen
Level 1
Level 1

I've been asked to have a message play for callers who are currently waiting in a queue that will give them the option of pressing a button to be transferred to a different number (outside number).  We currently have a message play, but it doesn't give the option of leaving the queue.  How would I make that possible?

We are using UCCX v8.5.1.11004-25.  Thanks!

Chris J

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

thomascollins
Level 3
Level 3

Should be pretty simple.

Right now you probably use the Play Prompt step to play your message in queue.

Instead, change that to a Menu step (see screenshot attached).  The Menu will play a prompt, but also accept input (like Press 1 to be transferred). 

In the Menu Step properties, set your prompt, and under Filter set your option, for example "Transfer" might be the 1 key. 

Then for the tree under the Menu step, you'll now see a tree leaf for Transfer.  Use the Call Redirect step there.

If you have any specific questions about the Menu or Call Redirect steps, I would take a look at the scripting guide, or ask here.  For example you'll want to pay attention to timeouts, unsuccessful transfers, etc.

View solution in original post

Yep, that's your best bet -- create a testqueue within UCCX.  Shouldn't be too hard.  Once the queue is setup, you just need to adjust the script to place calls into that queue.

I assume you already have a separate application and trigger for test.  The quick and dirty way would be to modify the script to use testqueue instead, save it as whatever_test.aef to assign that to your test application.

A nicer way to do it is to keep one copy of the script (so you don't maintain test and production).  Then use a variable on the application page to turn on/off the test queue.

In your queueing logic you would need to add an if statement to check a boolean variable.  For example create a variable type boolean, name Test_Queue, value false, and check the Parameter box.  That means it'll show up on your application page.

Then in your queue logic, add an if statement:

Then on your test application you can just turn on/off the Test_Queue variable, and set it to true when needed. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

thomascollins
Level 3
Level 3

Should be pretty simple.

Right now you probably use the Play Prompt step to play your message in queue.

Instead, change that to a Menu step (see screenshot attached).  The Menu will play a prompt, but also accept input (like Press 1 to be transferred). 

In the Menu Step properties, set your prompt, and under Filter set your option, for example "Transfer" might be the 1 key. 

Then for the tree under the Menu step, you'll now see a tree leaf for Transfer.  Use the Call Redirect step there.

If you have any specific questions about the Menu or Call Redirect steps, I would take a look at the scripting guide, or ask here.  For example you'll want to pay attention to timeouts, unsuccessful transfers, etc.

Chris Jacobsen
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Thomas.  That was incredibly helpful!  I've made all the changes you suggested to my test script, but I can't figure out how to test it (this is my first time having to test an in-queue change).  If I try calling the trigger number, I go into the actual queue.  Do I have to create a test CSQ?  Is this a rabbit hole of things that need to be changed/created in order to have a functioning test queue?

Thanks again.

Chris

Yep, that's your best bet -- create a testqueue within UCCX.  Shouldn't be too hard.  Once the queue is setup, you just need to adjust the script to place calls into that queue.

I assume you already have a separate application and trigger for test.  The quick and dirty way would be to modify the script to use testqueue instead, save it as whatever_test.aef to assign that to your test application.

A nicer way to do it is to keep one copy of the script (so you don't maintain test and production).  Then use a variable on the application page to turn on/off the test queue.

In your queueing logic you would need to add an if statement to check a boolean variable.  For example create a variable type boolean, name Test_Queue, value false, and check the Parameter box.  That means it'll show up on your application page.

Then in your queue logic, add an if statement:

Then on your test application you can just turn on/off the Test_Queue variable, and set it to true when needed. 

Thank again Thomas.  I already had a test script, application, and trigger, so I opted to create a test queue that way I can do testing during the day.  Everything you suggested worked perfectly! 

Chris J