Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to run finesse and its gadgets on external host

Hi,

I am working on integrating finesse and finesse gadgets with my application. I want to know how I can run finesse on my own host.

for example, if my host is xyz.com, then I want all my finesse gadgets (even the default ones) to run on this host instead of hq-uccx.abc.inc.

Basically, when the agents log into xyz.com, they should see the exact same finesse UI as on hq-uccx.abc.inc (screenshot attached).

Is it possible to do?
How we can do it?

Please help here.

3 Replies 3

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

Yes this is possible.

An practical example is a cloud based Finesse Gadget - which is often used by customers today.
Or an internal on prem web server hosting custom Finesse Gadgets.

The key things to make this work are:

1) Make sure the CA root + Intermediate certs (or the web server cert itself)  used by Finesse Gadget Web server is installed on the Cisco Finesse Certificate Store (Requires a restart of Cisco Finesse tomcat post installing the cert).

2) Make sure that not only can the Agents Machine access the Web Server where the Gadgets are located but that the Cisco Finesse Server itself can also access this web server.
So if this webserver is not on prem, e.g. an external web server - you would need to open TCP port 443 on the Firewall to the IP address of the Gadget Web server.

Finesse A Server  -> TCP 443 -> Finesse Gadget Web Server

Finesse B Server  -> TCP 443 -> Finesse Gadget Web Server

Regards,

Gerry

Hi @Gerry O'Rourke ,

Thanks for replying. I am new to finesse. Is there any document or link which explains the things you have mentioned above step by step?

Can I test it on sandbox?

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

Here is a doc on how to upload certs.

Note - this is the same approach (except for the services restart) as ALL Cisco VOS servers (CUCM, CUIC, VVB, Unity Connection etc.)

After Step 1 skip to Step 5.

i.e. Step 2 - 4 are the steps for CREATING your own cert on the Finesse server (which I assume is already done).

Steps 5 - 14, show you how to upload a tomcat trust cert (a cert you want tomcat to trust).

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/finesse/finesse_1251/admin/guide/cfin_b_1251-administration-guide/cfin_b_1251-administration-guide_chapter_01.html#task_0E893C0FC58C61E464303DB223224773

If you want to know how to obtain the certificate from the Web Server which is hosting the gadgets - this is very standard stuff and a google will help you.
Here is one I found - https://www.baeldung.com/linux/ssl-certificates

I would always recommend to upload the CA and intermediate certs rather than the web server cert itself - as it is better in the long run (if / when the web server cert gets renewed).

Gerry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: