Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Update Wrap Up Data

plukka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have business scenario whenever incoming call comes to agent and customer is not talking, we would like to update wrapupdata column in HDS DB server for reporting purpose. i am trying with below options and getting error message, can one of you please help me what is correct request?

http://FinesseServer/finesse/api/Dialog/67109877

<Dialog> <requestedAction>UPDATE_CALL_DATA</requestedAction> <mediaProperties> <callvariables> <CallVariable> <name>WrapupData</name> <value>00:01:00</value> </CallVariable> </callvariables> </mediaProperties> </Dialog>

i have tried name as callWrapupData/WrapupData/Wrapup.

1. 1.   <ApiErrors>
    1. 1.   <ApiError>
      1. 1.   <ErrorType>Invalid Input</ErrorType>
      2. 2.   <ErrorData>Call Variable name</ErrorData>
      3. 3. <ErrorMessage>Invalid 'Call Variable name' specified for dialog</ErrorMessage>
      4. 4.   </ApiError>
    2. 2.   </ApiErrors>

Also do i need to call UPDATE_CALL_DATA action only after DROP to update wrap up data column filed? 

Note: We are using UCCE 11.5 for Finesse servers

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Purna,

The XML for the body should be:

<Dialog> <requestedAction>UPDATE_CALL_DATA</requestedAction> <mediaProperties> <wrapUpReason>00:01:00</wrapUpReason></mediaProperties> </Dialog>

Please take a look at the specific REST API doc here: Dialog—Update Call Variable Data

Here is the link for the full doc: https://developer.cisco.com/site/finesse/docs/guides/rest-api-dev-guide/

For your question:

Also do i need to call UPDATE_CALL_DATA action only after DROP to update wrap up data column filed?

You can update the wrap up data anytime during the call. If you want to be able to update the wrap up data after the call, the agent MUST be in wrap up state to preserve the call/call information longer. If the agent is not in wrap up state, the call will be removed from Finesse's database and you will not be able to update the wrap up information (you will get an error).

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Purna,

The XML for the body should be:

<Dialog> <requestedAction>UPDATE_CALL_DATA</requestedAction> <mediaProperties> <wrapUpReason>00:01:00</wrapUpReason></mediaProperties> </Dialog>

Please take a look at the specific REST API doc here: Dialog—Update Call Variable Data

Here is the link for the full doc: https://developer.cisco.com/site/finesse/docs/guides/rest-api-dev-guide/

For your question:

You can update the wrap up data anytime during the call. If you want to be able to update the wrap up data after the call, the agent MUST be in wrap up state to preserve the call/call information longer. If the agent is not in wrap up state, the call will be removed from Finesse's database and you will not be able to update the wrap up information (you will get an error).

Thanx,

Denise

Thanks Denise for your answer and it is working as expected.