We are trying to integrate Packaged CCE 10.5 with a third-party Web application using Web Services, using the following scenario:
Packaged CCE <==> Integration Web Services <=====> WebApp
Note: Integration Web Services are developed using C#.NET, Web API and XML/Json
The objective is to allow communication between both, and register changes in UCCE databases depending on the actions executed in the web app. We are also looking to use Finesse for many of the functions that need to be executed. However, when consulting the following functions in Finesse Forum:
FROM ADMINISTRATOR ROLE:
- Register agent (add new agent to UCCE database).
- Unregister agent (delete agent of UCCE database). Note: in this case, is it better to just change the agent’s status instead of deleting (for data integrity)? Which status would apply in this case?
- Get a list of registered agents.
- Register telephone extension (add new extension to UCCE database).
- Unregister telephone extension (delete extension of UCCE database). Note: in this case, is it better to just change the extension’s status instead of deleting (for data integrity)? Which status would apply in this case?
- Get list of registered telephone extensions.
The answer was that these functions applied to PCCE APIs, and gave us reference to the PCCE API documentation. The question here is: Can all the previously enlisted functions be executed using PCCE APIs?
To be clear, we have never used PCCE APIs before. Could someone help in specifying what do we need to do in order to use PCCE APIs calling them from C# Web Services?
Thanks in advance for your help.