Views
Helpful
Replies

Http API other request

gburris
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have a custom CRM that allows users to take calls, match customers, enter notes etc. For two years the Cisco Finesse was working just fine and then stopped. I have been really challenged to determine the source of the issue. Here is the following setup.

Start of the Call and Start of the call Action:

> Type: HTTP

> Handled By: Other

> Method: Post

> Location: Other

> Content Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded

> URL: http://www.XXXXX.com/api/call_start.php

> Body: agent_id=XXXX&number=XXXX&call_id=XXX

On the CRM side: Once the Post is received, it just makes a record and uses sockets to listen for any changes. It uses CURL to post functions back to finesse.

All of the CRM functions(API Calls) still work--back to finesse. The only method that does NOT work is the trigger from finesse ----> to the CRM at the start of the call.

Any help is really appreciated.

5 Replies 5

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Greg,

You said that everything was working fine for two years and then it stopped. Was there anything that happened to cause it to stop? An upgrade?

And when you say stopped working, you are saying that Finesse is no longer calling the APIs when the call is started. If so, how is the APIs being triggered? Do you have a custom gadget? Or are you using workflows? Take a look at the client logs, do you see the attempt of calling the APIs?

If you would like help in analyzing the logs, please open a paid Developer Support ticket: https://developer.cisco.com/site/devnet/support/

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

Thanks for the follow up. Really appreciate it.

No cause at this time that may be affecting it.

Yes, that is correct. Finesse is no longer calling the API when the call is started. It is using workflows to trigger the API.

Funny thing though. If we change the source from other to finesse desktop and have the user login to finesse through this method, it will fire the API to the CRM. We don't want this, as this slows all the machines down.

Just to confirm--- When using the "Other" method the SERVER initiates the API call and when using the Desktop Client, The DESKTOP CLIENT initiates the API call...Is this correct?

I am going to look through the client logs and see if there may be something. If I need to open a paid ticket, how can I do this?

Hi Greg,

When the "Handle by" is "Other", it means that a third party gadget is going to execute the API. If it is "Finesse Desktop", it is actually built by the desktop, but executed by the Finesse server. (I know its a bit confusing).

You had said "We don't want this, as this slows all the machines down.". What do you mean by this? Do the agents usually not log into the Agent Desktop?

If I need to open a paid ticket, how can I do this?

Go to https://developer.cisco.com/site/devnet/support/

Then on the right side, it says "Support Ticket", there should be a button to purchase them or open (if you already have tickets on your account).

Thanx,

Denise

Thanks,

No, the agents sign in through the CRM using the API tools. Never use the finesse desktop.

Simple PUT command to: http://xxxxx.com/finesse/api/User/JBlow

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
  <User>
  <state>LOGIN</state>
  <extension>EXT</extension>
  </User>

Hi Greg,

Thank you for the clarification that you do not use the Finesse desktop. In this case, I'm actually surprised that it was working for two years. The Workflow Engine is a client-side application within the Finesse desktop application (Cisco Finesse Administration Guide Release 11.6(1) - Manage Workflows [Cisco Finesse] - Cisco). I don't believe that the workflows trigger when the Finesse desktop isn't used.

If you are not using the Finesse desktop should be up to your application to build a workflow engine that will trigger the workflows accordingly. Since in your case, it should trigger for every call, I think it might be easier to do away with the workflow and build it straight into your application.

Thanx,

Denise