Views
Helpful
Replies

HTTP Contacts - UCCX 7.0(1)SR5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi All

I've been experimenting with a HTTP contact today; but it's not working quite as I would expect.

Basically I take a HTTP contact in, and build a response which I then send using a 'send HTTP response' step. My understanding was that as soon as this step is executed the response would be sent back to the browser/web site making the HTTP call.

What actually seems to happen is that when this step is hit, the browser is still awaiting a response. When the script reaches the 'end' step, it actually sends the response... I have things happening in my script after the response should be sent, so don't want the browser to block until the script ends.

Oddly, if I fire up Wireshark I see the data in a packet sent when I hit the 'send http response' step; and again at the end of the script. The first packet isn't interpreted as text/xml, but the second one is....

Anyone seen this sort of thing?

Thanks

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
4 Replies 4

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, I have been down this path before too, but cannot recall what I did about it.  Could you fire the Trigger Application Step in asynchronous mode and pass it the document and contact as input?

Are you planning on opening a TAC case for this?

EDIT:  Never mind I see that the original script needs to end.

Hi Anthony

I may well open a case; it looks odd to me. The data is sent twice, which can't be correct...

I may try putting it in a subflow or something to see if that tricks it into working, but it seems like an added complication that doesn't need to be there.

Thanks for the input, I'd hoped you might respond.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi All

Well - in the interests of completeness; I did raise a TAC case... the 'Send HTTP Response' step does appear to be broken and bug CSCth58464 has been raised. No confirmed release date/version yet...

Aaron

Thank you.  Your follow up is much appreciated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: