Views
Helpful
Replies

HTTP Response step

swright
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have some interesting scripts that I am very close to finishing; I only have 2 stubborn issues remaining to solve:

1. I am attempting to update a SQL database with the content of some IPCC variables from my scripts. After some false starts, I have had some success with using the Create URL Document and Send HTTP Response steps to send the variables as parameters in an HTTP Post, which then get inserted into the database. This works with my HTTP Post-initiated scripts, where the script is run after an HTTP Contact is received. However, I also have a dial-in script where clients will be calling into the IPCC server, so the Triggering Contact is a phone call. In that script, I get an error trying to use the Triggering Contact as the contact for the HTTP Response. (“Contact is not an HTTP Contact”). I have also tried defining a new Contact variable to use as the contact for the HTTP Response step, but then I get an error that the Contact is NULL. Any ideas?

2. In the same script, I am attempting to concatenate a series of prompts together to let the user know how many messages they have in the message vault. However, the only Prompts being played at this step are the Count Prompts, not the “filler” .wav files I have placed in the en_US directory, i.e. my prompt plays “Fifteen Two” instead of “You have Fifteen new messages and two saved messages”. The files are in the correct location, they are valid files with the correct codecs, etc. I have tried using the Extended Play Prompt as well as the Concatenated Prompt steps with the same results. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

swright
Level 1
Level 1

OK, well it looks like I have solved issue #2 - it seems that the web application I was using to record my prompts was recording in the correct u-Law, 8-bit, 8KHz format, but it isn't recording this information in the .wav file header, i.e. when you look at the properties of the file, that info was not there. Doesn't seem to cause a problem when just a single prompt is played, only when multiple files are concatenated.

Still having problems with issue #1. Has anyone attempted to send an HTTP Post or Get to a webserver in response to a Call Contact?

Hello:

I'm trying to do the same: post data to a server using digest authentication from a call contact.

Did you solve your issue? Anyone has a idea?

Hey cmartin,

Did you have any success with this? I can't believe this feature is not offerred in CRS Editor. It's simple yet so useful.

Regards,

Mike