cancel
Announcements

Community Helping Community

Views
Helpful
Replies

I want myagents to work remotely, which is the best tool for that

Hi All, 

I want to implement a solution so my agents can work remotely and take calls.

Which is the best solution for that .

Someone suggested MRA Expressway. Any comments on this.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: I want myagents to work remotely, which is the best tool for that

Forum threads aren’t the best avenue to unpack a design and think through all the details; that’s what your Cisco partner should be helping you with.

There are a lot of options, including at least:
- Jabber on a laptop, either over VPN or through Mobile and Remote Access (MRA) provided by Expressway.
- Jabber and a thin client that supports what has previously called VXE, now just Jabber VDI. This would leverage MRA for audio/video/screen sharing but run Jabber UI on the VDI server.
- A Cisco 8800 series IP Phone OAuth the built-in AnyConnect client.
- A Cisco 7800/8800 series IP Phone with MRA.
- A Cisco/Meraki home office router/gateway providing a VPN tunnel back to corporate. Combine with either Jabber or an IP Phone.
- A traditional land line with Jabber Extend and Connect to extend ACD calls off-net to the agent.

MRA is great and a workable solution for many people; however, it’s not a VPN and does not automatically support every feature available from either CUCM or the contact center products. For example, BIB recording is now supported but I believe supervisor barge-in is not (check the docs of the product you’re using). A lot of that stems from Expressway not supporting the SIP UPDATE method - anything that relies on that won’t work over MRA.

Thanks Jonathan

This is a great explanation and I hope this will defiantly work.

Shreyash

Contributor

Don't forget Cisco IP Communicator. True it is End of sale but it isn't end of life and was/is a good option for a number of years.

CIPC reaches End of SW Maintenance (ie no more bug fixes) this September. That is the milestone people should have it replaced by a new solution by, especially since it relies on Java! Please do not consider it for a new solution/deployment.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/ip-communicator/eol-notice-c51-740383.html

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
FusionCharts will render here