cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM 5.0 Backup

pbarman
Level 5
Level 5

Can anyone guide me to some doc that says what components (db, registry,etc.) in ICM 5.0 to backup to recover in case of a catastrophic failure!!

Thanks for any info,

Partha

4 Replies 4

rnarayana
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Partha,

If there is a catastrophic failure all you need the the backup of ICM config.This can be done by doing ICMDBA backup.From the command prompt type in "icmdba" and then export all the configs of logger .This is all you need.This will backup all the scripts also.How ever this will not do the CAD backup.If you have any special enterprise settings ,phone books etc on the CAD these will not be backed up.You need to do this separately.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Radhika

How about the configuration of the PGs?

How about AW database, and HDS database?

Any need to backup the registry on any servers??

AW database is just a copy of the logger database.So there is no need to take the backup of this.About the HDS database you can do the same thing.Ie on the server which is running the HDS ( usually the AW ) run "icmdba" and take the backup .

There is one other way of taking backup of logger and HDS ie take SQL backup.However when SQL backup is taken please make sure that trunkcate on chktpt is set to true.This is a default setting.If this is changed logger stops working.

Also one more thing when you take a backup of logger it keeps around 14days of histrocial data and HDS keeps a data of 3 months and more.

About the pg settings.Which settings are you talking about.If it is the configurations in the icm then logger backup will do the trick.How ever if you are taking about the PG setup itself then I am not sure about this.May be some registry setting.However there are only few things you specify like the callmanager ipaddresses and a user and password to talk to callmanager.

Just a note all the installs that I have done till now I have nevew taken registry backup.Only ICMDBA backup and cad backups.

I hope this helps you

Thanks,

Radhika

Thunderbird1
Level 1
Level 1

Its also a good idea to backup the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems registry key to a file for each ICM component and store this information off the server(It used to be GeoTel in previous versions) This make life a whole lot easier if you have to restore a server from scratch as all that is required is reloading the Registry key , modifying the key to exclude Service release info, running the ICM setup and choosing the 'upgrade all' button.

Then its a matter of re-apply any Service release and presto its all done.