Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM 7.2: Router and Logger installed on different machine

Hi all,

I have 2 servers for router: visible card connect to the network, private card connect to each other via cross cable

And I have another 2 servers for logger: visible card connect to the network, private card connect to each other via cross cable.

The problem is that when I install the logger, it asks for router private address and logger private address. But the logger can not see the private address of router.

Can I use the visible address of router instead of private address in this case?

Thank you,

Thanh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

spaulin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You might want to re-visit the SRND and other supporting documentation.

The ICM Private network must allow the following:

RTRA Private and Private-high-priority addresses need to talk to LGRA's private, and RTRB's private and private-high-priority addresses.

LGRA's private address needs to talk to RTRA's private & private-high priority, as well as LGRB's private address.

RTRB's Private and Private-high-priority addresses need to talk to LGRB's  private, and RTRA's private and private-high-priority addresses.

LGRB's private address needs to talk to RTRB's private & private-high priority, as well as LGRA's private address.

Public addresses are used to connect to PGs and AWs.   Private addresses are used for all of the central controller processes to talk  to each other.

You cannot use the public address as an alternative to private, and vice-versa.  Public are public; private are private.  You cannot mix & match them, and cannot use simple crossover cables as described.  You'll need a switch.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

spaulin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You might want to re-visit the SRND and other supporting documentation.

The ICM Private network must allow the following:

RTRA Private and Private-high-priority addresses need to talk to LGRA's private, and RTRB's private and private-high-priority addresses.

LGRA's private address needs to talk to RTRA's private & private-high priority, as well as LGRB's private address.

RTRB's Private and Private-high-priority addresses need to talk to LGRB's  private, and RTRA's private and private-high-priority addresses.

LGRB's private address needs to talk to RTRB's private & private-high priority, as well as LGRA's private address.

Public addresses are used to connect to PGs and AWs.   Private addresses are used for all of the central controller processes to talk  to each other.

You cannot use the public address as an alternative to private, and vice-versa.  Public are public; private are private.  You cannot mix & match them, and cannot use simple crossover cables as described.  You'll need a switch.

Thank you very much,

I must install the switch for this private network.

Thanh