Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM 8.5 upgrade

hi all i am upgrading my UCCE 8.0.1 to UCCE 8.5(1) in lab but while running the upgrade patch i am getting weird error which Abort the installation.

"A product exceuteable file is currently running. Make sure all product tools are stopped before running the installer. Aborting"

I checked and stooped all the possible services but in vain

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Sheeraz,

That is definitely an SNMP application locking up these files. You need to find the application and stop the service.

Did you stop Cisco SNMP service ? Any other 3rd party software installed ?

If you cannot find it, please send a screenshot of the services.msc and I will try to find it for you.

Regards,

Christos

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Hi,

Probably not all the services that are needed to be stopped

Apart from the obvious ICM services you also need to stop SNMP or any 3rd party monitoring services.

If you provide the logs from the installer it will be clearer on what exactly is happening.

Regards,

Christos

I checkd the logs and it displays the following files are lock. Why is this so and how could i unlock them.

The following product executable files are currently locked.

Locked file: C:\icm\bin\CampaignManagerPerf.dll

Locked file: C:\icm\bin\CTISVRPerfmonObjectDLL.dll

Locked file: C:\icm\bin\DialerPerf.dll

Locked file: C:\icm\bin\EapimPerfCounters.dll

Locked file: C:\icm\bin\ImportPerf.dll

Locked file: C:\icm\bin\LoggerPerf.dll

Locked file: C:\icm\bin\OPCPerfmonObjectDLL.dll

Locked file: C:\icm\bin\RealTimePerf.dll

Locked file: C:\icm\bin\VRUPIMPerfCounterDLL.dll

Hi Sheeraz,

That is definitely an SNMP application locking up these files. You need to find the application and stop the service.

Did you stop Cisco SNMP service ? Any other 3rd party software installed ?

If you cannot find it, please send a screenshot of the services.msc and I will try to find it for you.

Regards,

Christos

chris i found the issue. Infact when i am stopping the SNMP service it was showing me status stopped while it wasn't. Now i made it manual and then stop the service and restarted the server then try and it ran. Thanks for your support.

stop the below services

ICM Services

Cisco Contact Center SNMP Management

Performance Counter DLL Host

Windows Management Instrumentation

Hello,

I am getting the same weird error during applying the 8.0.2ES. Fine the more details below on this error:

2011-03-31 21:20:03 [Information] Popped modal message from stack to redisplay: Stopping services. . .

2011-03-31 21:20:03 [Information] Stopping service Cisco Contact Center SNMP Management

2011-03-31 21:20:03 [Information] Pushed modal message to stack, displayed new message: Stopping service Cisco Contact Center SNMP Management

2011-03-31 21:20:04 [Error] ServiceStopService failed with error 0xFFFFFFFF (-1)

2011-03-31 21:20:49 [Information] All modal messages are now closed.

2011-03-31 21:20:49 [Information] Displaying new modal message, buffer empty: Setup is testing for running product components...

the following files:

2011-03-31 21:21:05 [Information] Product executables directory is D:\icm\bin

2011-03-31 21:21:05 [Information] CheckForRunningProducts() found locks on the following files:

2011-03-31 21:21:05 [Information] Locked file: D:\icm\bin\sadlib.dll

2011-03-31 21:21:11 [Error] The patch cannot be installed if any product component is currently running.

One or more running components has been detected, and setup must abort.

Please check the setup log for details, stop all running products, then restart this installer.

2011-03-31 21:21:11 [Error] The following product executable files are currently locked.

2011-03-31 21:21:11 [Error] Locked file: D:\icm\bin\sadlib.dll

2011-03-31 21:21:11 [Information] All modal messages are now closed.

2011-03-31 21:21:21 [Error] A product executable file is currently running. Make sure that all product tools are stopped before running the installer. Aborting.

2011-03-31 21:21:21 [Information] Installer cleaning up and aborting.

2011-03-31 21:21:21 [Error] See the installer log for more detail.

2011-03-31 21:24:03 [Information] Cleaned out modal message buffer and stack.

Trying to get rid of this error, However Cisco SNMP management service is already stopped.

Interesting. There is definitely some service running that locks the sadlib.dll

2011-03-31 21:21:11 [Error] The following product executable files are currently locked.

2011-03-31 21:21:11 [Error] Locked file: D:\icm\bin\sadlib.dll

This is webview related service. From a quick check I see that these services might be related

ServletExec-Webview

Jaguar

Maybe this

Cisco ICM Jaguar Watchdog

Can you make sure the above are stopped ?

HTH,
Christos

Hello Christos,

Mentioned services were already stopped, This was related to the Cisco SNMP management service. However, It was stopped.

The problem is resolved now. I started the service and selected it to manual and then stop the service, then it worked. This is really strange behaviour. I hope it will help others to upgrade or install any ES .First play with this service and then go.

Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Muhammad Fahad Raza

kpstross
Level 1
Level 1

I've got the same problem, with the same exact DLLs locked, but no combination of starting, stopping, disabling the SNMP service, and/or reboots seems to help in my case.  Is there any other service that will lock these DLLs?

If there are exactly the same DLL's as above then it can very well be a third party monitoring software.

HTH,

Christos

In my case, process wmiprvse.exe was locking this files (W2K8). Stopping Windows Management Instrumentation fixed the issue

Saludos!

Isidro