cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM Call treatment based on number of times he called

George Michaell
Level 1
Level 1

Have a requirement that the caller can be either restricted based on the number of times he called, How can i achieve that, can i do DB lookup on TCD for the calls that have called more than 4 times, i dont have any experience playing with the VXML JAR or SQL libraries, I dont understand how can i insert it in into the DB and then increase the counter based on that we can do dblookup or any custom function or builtin function can work?

Any help would be appreciated 

2 Replies 2

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

Without getting in too deep here, the quickest way to achieve this is to create a very simple Call Studio application by simply using the native elements. There's a database element in the Integration folder in the Elements window pane. You can use this SQL query

SELECT COUNT(*) AS CallCount
FROM Route_Call_Detail (NOLOCK)
WHERE (ANI) = '2125551212'
AND(Route_Call_Detail.DbDateTime >= '2018-01-01 00:00:00.000')

You can play around with the DbDateTime to fit your needs. If you want to do number of calls from the past 24 hours, you can replace '2018-01-01 00:00:00.000') with GETDATE() -1)

To pass in the ANI, you can either plug it into a variable and pass that in or you can just use CallData.ANI as the ANI value in the element.

You can pass the value returned from the query into the array and into ICM where you can make routing decisions.

Hope this helps

thanks for the response..

yeah I know about this option but I dont like playing with JNDI option, i have already tried once and got my tomcat messed up due to it.. is there any easier way of doing it