Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM CTI campaing Outbound option

Hello I need help, can anyone tell me what is the capability from ICM 7.5 when register to CUCM to support codec with port Cisco 30 VIP when using campaing outbund option?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

shirpati
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Below snippet  from ICM 7.5 SRND that tells you what codec the dialer supports on its different legs, you can configure the device pool on the your VIP 30 phones accordingly.

The Unified Outbound Option Dialer should be co-located with the Unified CCE PG and the Unified CM

cluster (including the voice gateway). Because the Dialer supports only G.711 mu-law, you might have

to allocate large blocks of WAN bandwidth. Even though the Dialer does not support G.729, it is possible

to support G.729 for the customer-to-agent portion of the call. This type of configuration is supported

without requiring the use of transcoders.

In this deployment, the Dialer advertises G.729 capability (although the Dialer does not truly support

G.729). This permits the reservation call from the Dialer to the agent to be completed. The call from the

Dialer to the customer must be G.711; however, the customer call is then transferred to the agent and the

call is renegotiated to G.729.

Hope this helps

Shirish

Thanks for this information, I need to used the transcoder between customers and and vxml gateway my campaing outbound transfer to IVR that IVR I am using CVP 7.0.2 with vxml gateway to play prompting but this port dialers said that support g729 to cucm and cucm never using that transcoder in calls, this is problem. I side remote in wan do not support codec g771 for reason of bandwidth.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: