Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM If node

candese.perez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am atteempting to write an ICM script that will route calls based on the incoming DN.

I have an If node using a formula to check the right most 3 digits of the string, if the 3 digits match a particular set then route the call to a particular skill group.

My issue is I am receiving an Undefined symbol error on the script editor. My formula is right (00200311, 3)

My intention is to route calls where the last 3 of the string equal 311 to a specific skill group. Have i misused the right formula?

Thanks!

7 Replies 7

Arpit Arora
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Try setting the peripheral variable using formula :

Set Varibale

Call.PeripheralVariable1=substr(Call.DialedNumberString,5,3)

and then use the IF node to match a particular set to route to a skillgroup.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Arpit

You're receiving the "Undefined symbol" error because 00200311 is not a string. The right(s, n) formula expects a string (s) and a number (n). You're giving it a number and a number. If you enclose the 00200311 in quotes, or reference a variable instead, it will work. Like so:

right(Call.DialedNumberString,3)

or...

right("00200311",3)

No need to go around setting variables here (unless you need to reuse the data somewhere else).

-Jameson

-Jameson

Thanks Arpit and James. 

Very helpful.

If I set the PV, then how do I call it in the If node to = a particular string?

I was thinking I would say If the CPV1 = 311 route appropriately, but again I am getting Undefined symbol 311.

Message was edited by: Candese Perez

Make sure you enclose the 311 in quotes! Same reason as putting it in quotes in that "right()" formula.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Thanks Jameson, I tried that and am receiving Misplaced symbol error.

right(Call.DialedNumberString,3) = "311"

Remove the spaces around the equals sign. It should read:

right(Call.DialedNumberString,3)="311"

-Jameson

-Jameson

Got it Thank you!