cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM installation on MCS platform

6rlopez_2
Level 1
Level 1

I have a lab environment with a MCS 7835 and I want to install ICM. The problem is that if I run the MCS hardware detection disks, they ask me for a product key and they install Windows 2000. Then, when we try to install ICM, but the setup process stops with the following error: "The NT Schedule service could not start" In fact, this service does not exist.

Maybe I am using the wrong Product key?

Are there CDs only for hardware detection (without OS installation?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Raquel,

You can install ICM on an MCS server. You must load windows using the windows 2000 disc, cisco does not provide that for you.

Also, if you look at the ICM specs for processor and RAM, the only supported MCS servers are the 7835 and the 7845. My recommendation is to install the ICM on a cheaper server that meets the requirements posted here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1001/products_usage_guidelines_list.html

Starting on page 6 it gives hardware recommendations for each component of IPCC.

Matt

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

rnarayana
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

ICM does not use the Spirian win2000 load as callmanager and CRS servers.ICM uses normal windows 2000 .Also there are minimum service pack requirements before you can start installing ICM.Plus you need to install SQL 2000 or SQL 7 depending on which version of ICM you are installing.

I hope this helps.You can install ICM on any server where you can install windows 2000.Don't use the spirian load for it.ICM does not require any product keys.

Also as far as I know there are no hardware detection disks without OS disks .This is because all these disks are images.

Thanks,

Radhika

Thank you very much for your answer. So I can´t install ICM on my MCS platform, is that right?

Raquel

Hello,

If on the MCS platform you can install normal windows ( not using callmanager or CRS disks) then you can install ICM on MCS platform.

Thanks,

Radhika

Hi Raquel,

You can install ICM on an MCS server. You must load windows using the windows 2000 disc, cisco does not provide that for you.

Also, if you look at the ICM specs for processor and RAM, the only supported MCS servers are the 7835 and the 7845. My recommendation is to install the ICM on a cheaper server that meets the requirements posted here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1001/products_usage_guidelines_list.html

Starting on page 6 it gives hardware recommendations for each component of IPCC.

Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: